Menu

Yipes - I sent my kids' teacher an email!

SKL

It's obvious I have unresolved issues from elementary school, because I'm shaking in my boots!

(BTW, is this normal, or do I need a shrink? Do any of you often feel defensive for your kids about the teachers' judgments?)

My kid's grades have missing items, and I don't want the teacher giving my kid "zeroes" for work she's done (I know she completed and handed in at least some of the work). Of course this happens to be in math, where her grade is a C+ as it is. Oh, the joys of elementary school!

So I asked the teacher what I can do to make sure my kid gets caught up. Hopefully she won't go ballistic and expel both of my kids on Monday morning!

It's obvious I have unresolved issues from elementary school, because I'm shaking in my boots!

I have to call the local high school principal's office for something completely innocuous, and I've managed to put it off for two weeks now! I know I'm not in trouble, but there's something about the principal's office that just is never going to make it to the top of my "what I want to be doing right now" list.

I'm sure your kids' teacher will be happy to deal with an involved parent. :001_smile:

I have to call the local high school principal's office for something completely innocuous, and I've managed to put it off for two weeks now! I know I'm not in trouble, but there's something about the principal's office that just is never going to make it to the top of my "what I want to be doing right now" list.

I'm sure your kids' teacher will be happy to deal with an involved parent. :001_smile:

:lol:

I hope you're right!

(BTW, is this normal, or do I need a shrink? Do any of you often feel defensive for your kids about the teachers' judgments?)

My kid's grades have missing items, and I don't want the teacher giving my kid "zeroes" for work she's done (I know she completed and handed in at least some of the work). Of course this happens to be in math, where her grade is a C+ as it is. Oh, the joys of elementary school!

So I asked the teacher what I can do to make sure my kid gets caught up. Hopefully she won't go ballistic and expel both of my kids on Monday morning!

When my kids were in elementary school, what concerned me was having a teacher who was wrong who did whatever it took to make herself appear she was right -- lying, embellishing, creating scenarios, etc. We had one like that for second grade and she was something else. All of the parents I spoke with whose children had her agreed that she should not be around children. She was that bad. I still give her bad ratings on RateMyTeacher. LOL. :D

Talking with a reasonable teacher isn't difficult. It's when they're not reasonable!

Your kids are still young, so asking the teacher what you can do is prudent. You're doing the right thing to ask.

lol...Im sorry you are shaking in your boots...I call, email and send notes in all the time :D

I must be a teacher's nightmare! My son's teachers get emails DAILY from me.

His grades are online. I deal with one specific person in the school and they deal with all his teachers so I dont continually bother each one directly (HS-ese) I email about HW or CW all the time.

My middle DD takes care of her grades in school. I have emailed once to discuss a grade but she was very nice about it.

My little one doesnt get her grades posted. I have no clue what that teacher does. GRR...but I was warned prior with her. So...I expected that. I have received one sheet so far with grades. I did email that teacher to discuss my DD concerns and the teacher stated she was doing great and to email anytime.

During open house my Middle DD English teacher told me she loves getting parent email...and has no time really for calls...so she said-- email away! :)

lol...Im sorry you are shaking in your boots...I call, email and send notes in all the time :D

I must be a teacher's nightmare! My son's teachers get emails DAILY from me.

Just wondering - what do you email about daily?

I do contact my boys' teachers when something comes up but that's.... maybe once a month for each of them. Maybe less often.

Laura

And of course there was no problem at all.... but what it took to get that to the top of the list? My other choice was calling to schedule a root canal. So principal's office is less stressful than dental work... but only just. ;)

Just wondering - what do you email about daily?

I do contact my boys' teachers when something comes up but that's.... maybe once a month for each of them. Maybe less often.

Laura

that is my LD son...I email the ESE teacher that sends me his HW/CW. It is easier for me to email her daily and ask my questions then sending notes and such. I found email is so much better. Teachers dont usually mind an email...calling every day would be crazy, though.

Well, the teacher emailed me back and was nice about it. Whew! I then went ahead and replied with a little about my dd's vision and listening issues, in the hope that she'll be a tad patient with her. She did say she was seeing some improvement, which is always nice to hear.