Menu

Ultrasound says it's a BOY?!?!?!

Congrats!!! We had a boy, then a girl. When they said girl, I was in boy mode!

Can we at least know how many syllables are in your last name? If not, then try to mix it up, don't do a one syllable first name w/a one syllable last name. We did a 2 syllable first name, 3 syllable middle to go with our one syllable last name for both dc. For ds I picked two names from the Bible that weren't too "out there." For dd, I used a favorite name that went well with our last name. I also didn't completely settle on their names until I saw them and felt their names matched them.

Someone did say to go through the phone book and look at last names, some make great first names.

Congrats!!! We had a boy, then a girl. When they said girl, I was in boy mode!

Can we at least know how many syllables are in your last name? If not, then try to mix it up, don't do a one syllable first name w/a one syllable last name. We did a 2 syllable first name, 3 syllable middle to go with our one syllable last name for both dc. For ds I picked two names from the Bible that weren't too "out there." For dd, I used a favorite name that went well with our last name. I also didn't completely settle on their names until I saw them and felt their names matched them.

Someone did say to go through the phone book and look at last names, some make great first names.

Last name has two syllables.

We were so sure this one was a girl. We had a name all picked out. So now I'm at a loss for boys names. Could you share with me some of your favorite boy names? They can be classic names, unique names, whatever. I just need to get my brain in "boy" mode.

Yay! We love having 4 boys. Simon is the name of my 4th.

Our four sons names below, with first and middle names all mixed up. Four boys are great, by the way. :001_smile:

Maxwell

Benjamin

Tyler

Burton

Cameron

Andrew

Jonathan

Reid

My grandson is Jacob Charles.

If I had another boy, I would name him Henry, and call him Hank.

My oldest son and his wife are expecting a baby girl any day. If she had been a boy, she would have been called Oliver.

Wow, I'm surprised by all the Henry love! We got some interesting comments when we named our 5 year old that. I guess people are coming around to the awesomeness. :D

We have a 10 yo Henry, it has been fun to watch it become more and more popular, we got a lot of comments as well the first few years.

We never got to use our boy name, so you can take it if you like!

Matthew

I also liked Henry and Charles but dh didn't like Henry and said there were too many Charleses in the family (I don't know how to make that name plural! But I know it's not with an apostrophe.) I always liked Jacob but it was too popular back then. Of course so was Matthew.