Menu

Baseball Card Value

My 15 year old says if you give him the years of some of the cards, he can tell you if anything you have might be potentially out-of-the-norm valuable. He has approximately 35,000 - 40,000 cards. I think he knows his stuff for the most part.

If interested, either post on here or PM me, and I'll report back.

I would be careful calling card shops. I'm sure the integrity of card shop owners runs the gamut. They are in business to make money after all.

You could also check on ebay to see what similar or identical cards have sold for recently.

My 15 year old says if you give him the years of some of the cards, he can tell you if anything you have might be potentially out-of-the-norm valuable. He has approximately 35,000 - 40,000 cards. I think he knows his stuff for the most part.

If interested, either post on here or PM me, and I'll report back.

I would be careful calling card shops. I'm sure the integrity of card shop owners runs the gamut. They are in business to make money after all.

You could also check on ebay to see what similar or identical cards have sold for recently.

Awesome! Thanks. I was wondering about the integrity of the card shop owners as well.

I have about 180 Upper Deck baseball cards from 1991. I guess I wasn't quite a kid when I got them, but it seems that way!

And, if he knows hockey cards... I have a few O-Pee-Chee cards from 1988.

1991's won't be worth pennies. DH has thousands and thousands of baseball cards from 70's and early 80's.....only a few are worth more than a dollar. Dealers have told us cards from 40-60's have value. The value books confirm this info. Guess we need to wait another 20-30 years :(.

Dh's thousands and thousands are worth a couple hundred dollars. Total. The only reason REALLY old ones are worth money is because they weren't as mass produced, and people weren't usually trying to save them in mint condition. Our generation screwed itself by saving everything in binders. When we all have them, they're worthless!

(Same with comic books. If they aren't ancient, they're just one of thousands in storage, wishing they were rare, lol.)

I'm the dw to Dad 4 Boys. I told our ds15 what you said above and he yelled, "WHAT??? WHERE DOES SHE LIVE??????"

He can't bear the thought! You aren't anywhere near St. Louis, are you????? :auto: I could drive him right over!!!!

Baseball cards that aren't worth anything!?!??! I guess I could mail them to him.

Baseball cards that aren't worth anything!?!??! I guess I could mail them to him.

He eats, sleeps, lives, and breathes everything baseball. They have value to him! If you want to find out how much shipping would cost, it might be worth it to him! (And he's got a 16th birthday coming up next month, so I might spring for it.) I understand if you don't want to mess w/it.

He could say, "This is my Well-Trained Mind Collection" when he's showing his friends! ;)