Menu

My dc hated Rosetta Stone Spanish but loved _______ Spanish!

tomandlorih

I haven't done it with DS yet but I ended up taking classes through homeschoolspanishacademy.com. I thought it was incredibly effective because I as getting live feedback and the lessons were catered to me. The only downside is that you have to schedule lessons versus just popping in something like RS whenever there is time.

My DD (9 - last year) despised Rosetta Stone! BUT - this year I switched her to the below link and she loves it! There is also a Latin program by the same author. We started 4 weeks ago and her retention has been outstanding! We do 1 lesson a day. Short lessons, easy to review, and not overwhelming. I am even learning! :tongue_smilie:

You can see inside the book on Amazon.

Hope this helps.

http://www.gettingstartedwithspanish.com/

The principle behind rosetta stone is learning by immersion. I learned Spanish through immersion living in Spain. I also took 4 years of Spanish in high school. I learned so much more from immersion than a grammer program. I have seen, many times, success by learning a language through immersion before learning the language grammatically. jmo

We are using this book this year also, and it is working very well so far. It just makes more sense to my kids than other things we have tried!

My DD (9 - last year) despised Rosetta Stone! BUT - this year I switched her to the below link and she loves it! There is also a Latin program by the same author. We started 4 weeks ago and her retention has been outstanding! We do 1 lesson a day. Short lessons, easy to review, and not overwhelming. I am even learning! :tongue_smilie:

You can see inside the book on Amazon.

Hope this helps.

http://www.gettingstartedwithspanish.com/

Thank you ladies!! I ordered GSWS this morning! We'll give it a try. RS is free for us this year so we'll keep plugging away at that too.

I like the idea of immersion and if we suddenly moved to Mexico, I think she would pick it up quickly but RS is not real immersion .. in my opinion. I think we will be trying out the Salsa episodes for "real" immersion practice.

Thanks again!

Lori