Menu

weight loss ups and downs

So, I have my 3 week weigh in coming up Mon. I've been doing fairly well, thanks to a lot of support from the Hive :) I had lost 5 lbs. Then last night, I had a pumpkin dessert bar with my family and gained 2lbs. So, what will that weigh in show tomorrow???? How can 1 dessert bar do that????

My weight spikes like that when I eat high sodium content. Just drink lots of water today and veggies with lean protein. Hopefully, you will get rid off that water by tomorrow's weigh-in. If not, don't stress out because it will come off at the scales the follow week.

That happened to me when I ate imitation crab meat and a few other salty things the day before a weigh-in. The next day my weight was up instead of showing the 1 1/2 I lost. The following week I showed a record 4 pound lost, so it all works out in the end.

Congrats on your weight loss. That is fantastic!

Weight fluctuations of a few pounds from one day to the next are normal, especially in pre-menopausal women. It's almost always due to how much fluid (or not) the body is retaining. To gain two pounds one would have to eat about 7,000 extra calories. I really, really doubt that pumpkin bar had anywhere near that.

Weight fluctuations of a few pounds from one day to the next are normal, especially in pre-menopausal women. It's almost always due to how much fluid (or not) the body is retaining. To gain two pounds one would have to eat about 7,000 extra calories. I really, really doubt that pumpkin bar had anywhere near that.

Thanks for that reminder. It is so frustrating!!!