Menu

Memoria Press Full Curriculum vs. Parts

MrsBanjoClown

I have been considering a lot of MP items for 3rd grade for next year. I was pricing the things I would want to buy versus the things we already have or would be using from a different resource, and it was more expensive to buy just what we needed than to buy the whole package! We would not need to buy the math, the D'Aulaires textbook, the novels for the literature study, or the handwriting. We are planning on using a different math and handwriting. Has anyone else run into this, and if so, did you just buy the package and try to resell the parts you didn't need? I'm also not sure if we would use Latina Christiana or a different Latin program (ds is just doing SSL this year and I'm not sure what I want to follow it up with yet, but he will do Latin).

Also, if you have used a full curriculum before, do you think it would be way too much to add in SOTW 2 and parts of BFSU (we will be finishing it next year)?

I have a love/hate relationship with their full curriculum packages. They look so tempting. SO tempting, lol.

But, at the end of the day, I would opt out of their math, their Bible study, their grammar, their writing, and their science (their science is super weak, in my opinion), so I'm certain it's a bad idea. Lol. It looks so good though!

Edited by AimeeM

We use their curriculum packages, but we opt out of Math and LA. We use their Latin, their History, their Bible, their Science, and their Literature. If it's cheaper, just buy the whole package and sell the other parts. This way you will save some money and if they make future changes to the packages (curriculum guide, etc), you can get the updates. Plus, you can have the other items on hand "in case" you decide you need to try something else or need to supplement.