Menu

A few questions about Beautiful Feet

mothergooseof4

I am looking at doing Early American Primary for my 3rd and 4th graders. Would it be too easy? I am looking at that level because, well, the guide is prettier than the Intermediate guide. Yes, I know that is silly, but it is what it is.

Also, I am looking at adding the BF Geography guide and spreading the two out over two years. Would it be enough? Would the two go together? Could I go through and co-ordinate the lessons to flow together or would the things covered in the geography guide not fit with the early American time period? Should I just do them one at a time, and if so, which one first?

Also, my 7th grader is most likely going to be using Notgrass America the Beautiful. Would you combine him into the geography guide?

I am looking at doing Early American Primary for my 3rd and 4th graders. Would it be too easy? I am looking at that level because, well, the guide is prettier than the Intermediate guide. Yes, I know that is silly, but it is what it is.

It depends on your kids. Did you look at the content? Do you think that it will be challenging or too easy? We love the books for the E.A. but think they would be good supplements to the Intermediate study- the D'Aulaire's could easily be read in a day- my kids read these books for fun. I think my 9yo would want something much more challenging.

Also, I am looking at adding the BF Geography guide and spreading the two out over two years. Would it be enough? Would the two go together? Could I go through and co-ordinate the lessons to flow together or would the things covered in the geography guide not fit with the early American time period? Should I just do them one at a time, and if so, which one first?

Are you going to try to coordinate the literature? They are both literature unit studies, so the books define the rest of the study. I guess you could coordinate them, but I don't think it's necessary. Why not just do them concurrently? Many of the topics covered in the geo guide will fit well with early Amer. history, or at least American history, so by that standard, I'd call it good.

Why spread it out over 2 yrs? I wouldn't. We've used several BF guides and I like thier stuff, but it's lit unit studies. I'd do both in a year. It's enjoyable, but not that challenging-kwim?

Also, my 7th grader is most likely going to be using Notgrass America the Beautiful. Would you combine him into the geography guide?

Sure, if you want to and they like to color and it won't be too easy. My 7th grader would probably NOT enjoy it- he's not a coloring kind of guy, and he has a pretty extensive understanding of geography, so I think it would frustrate him more than float his boat, but again, it really depends on the kid.

Sure, if you want to and they like to color and it won't be too easy. My 7th grader would probably NOT enjoy it- he's not a coloring kind of guy, and he has a pretty extensive understanding of geography, so I think it would frustrate him more than float his boat, but again, it really depends on the kid.

Thank you. I looked over the guides again and the intermediate one will be more appropriate.

We loved it when my dd was in 5th. She really liked it and learned a lot. I had her read the Sonlight Early American readers and read-alouds on her own that year too. It was probably our favorite homeschool history ever. The books are great. And they all like to color so much that we printed more illustrations from Stories of the Pilgrims for them and did some history pockets too. We started memorizing the states and presidents and finished during year 2 of American. Now we review them for retention. You could learn speeches and such too.