Menu

Something like Sonlight?

Amber in AUS

I'm looking for something 'open and go' preferably secular as a stop gap year for 2 children in grades K & 2. I've just had a quick look at SL Core A, what else should i consider? They will move onto ancients in 2014. My oldest (4th grader) will be doing SOTW4 next year but i think it will be way too much for K & 2nd so i'd like to combine them with something that isn't 'world history'. I will also have a very busy 2yo. :bigear:

Well, i hadn't considered that but i'm not sure my oldest would be able to stay out of it and stick to SOTW4 if there was something 'more exciting' going on. I was kind of thinking more along the lines of cultural or geography rather than history, but i'm not sure what's available that's secular and is 'open and go'.

We are using moving beyond the page at the moment. It is secular and open and go. It is social study based for the younger grades rather then history.

Actually I'm pretty sure I have a cultural/geography curriculum hidden in my files -I'll take a look for it.

Here you go (bonus -it's free) http://www.scribd.com/doc/5622573/Countries-and-Cultures-of-the-World It does inlude Missonary stories but you can just skip those -the rest seems secular enough.

Edited by sewingmama