Menu

Anyone ever had spider vein treatment?

Yes, twice. I had sclerotherapy a long time ago. (I was around 22). I also had Venous Closure procedure done about 5 years ago. I still would need thousands of dollars worth of work to make my legs look great. I have avoided it mainly because I don't have thousands of dollars for that purpose and because it is NOT.FUN.AT.ALL. I am needle-phobic and would rather have a natural childbirth - to triplets - than lay there through all those needle-pricks. :D I'm only exaggerating a little, teensy bit.

Yes, twice. I had sclerotherapy a long time ago. (I was around 22). I also had Venous Closure procedure done about 5 years ago. I still would need thousands of dollars worth of work to make my legs look great. I have avoided it mainly because I don't have thousands of dollars for that purpose and because it is NOT.FUN.AT.ALL. I am needle-phobic and would rather have a natural childbirth - to triplets - than lay there through all those needle-pricks. :D I'm only exaggerating a little, teensy bit.

:lol: I had twins (not natural childbirth though), but would much rather have sclerotherapy once a month than do that again :D. It feels like little pin pricks, but for me it is manageable until they work in one area for an extended amount of time. I just ask them to move to another location for a while to give me a break. For me, it also is more painful around the ankle area and feet than on my thights or calves.

I liked the results, but depending on the number of spider veins to be treated, it can take several treatments. They also come back over time -- at least mine did. If you do a lot of heavy lifting, pregnancy weight, over weight, etc) can bring new ones or bring back the old ones.

:lol: I had twins (not natural childbirth though), but would much rather have sclerotherapy once a month than do that again :D. It feels like little pin pricks, but for me it is manageable until they work in one area for an extended amount of time. I just ask them to move to another location for a while to give me a break. For me, it also is more painful around the ankle area and feet than on my thights or calves.

I liked the results, but depending on the number of spider veins to be treated, it can take several treatments. They also come back over time -- at least mine did. If you do a lot of heavy lifting, pregnancy weight, over weight, etc) can bring new ones or bring back the old ones.

Yeah, but I hate needles. It got to where I would just be too jumpy in a given session for them to work anymore, because as soon as they would touch me, I would involuntarily twitch. :D

I have seriously millions of veins. They are uncountable. It would take ten sessions to get to something approaching nice. I had four sessions when I was in my twenties and at that time, most of them were on my thighs, but now they are everywhere. The folks who did the Venous Closure "recommended" that I would come in with them beginning at my abdomen. Well, nobody is getting near my hips, groin and inner thighs with a thousand needles. Not to mention at that rate, I would be in for a few thousand bucks before we got near any veins that see the light of day. Plus, just how many veins can we close? Don't I need those? ;)