Menu

Blood Glucose Numbers

Soror

I finally got a meter yesterday and after figuring out how to get enough blood out I have been checking my levels, I *think* my ranges are looking ok from what I can find. I've been trying to be a very good girl so I've felt really good lately but I was curious about the numbers. In the past I believe I've tended more towards hypoglycemia but I've never had anything officially checked.

2:30 AM- 91

8:30 AM-92 (still fasting)

12:30 PM- 109 (2 hrs after lunch and snack)

The 109 glucose level is great 2 hours after you eat, but some people have higher numbers only 1 hour after their meals (including me). It fluctuates and depends on what you ate. I try to keep my levels at 120 or below at their highest (that is where a normal person's levels usually are at). So experiment with your meter and find out when your personal levels are at their highest.

They look good....a lot of people like to see fasting under 90 and consider over 90 something to keep an eye on (but not a reason for a diagnosis)....but you ARE keeping an eye on it, so, you know...good job :)

ETA: I have trouble getting my fasting under 90, no matter what I'm eating, and I don't really worry about it (and my doc's never said anything about it) since the other numbers and my A1C are good.

I was looking around and all the info I found that suggested that 90-120 fasting was a good range. I did find some that said for pregnant women they like it to be even lower. I didn't find anything that suggested that for non-prego people though. Sigh. Life would be so much easier if people made up their minds!

2:30 am- 85

Last snack at 9pm

I ate less carbs last night. I had tilipia (w/ just spices broiled- no breading or such), roasted cauliflower w/ red pepper. For a snack I hate a hunk of chicken breast w/ a small piece of almond flour/pumpkin brownie(from rough figuring this was maybe 20g or so of carbs)- homemade and very, very lightly sweetened and a spoonful of coconut oil.

Edited by soror