Menu

Too much Potter around here.

hilarious!

My 7 yr old goes around with sticks pointing at his next oldest brother and yelling "Abra Kadavara!" which is his mixed-up take on the killing curse. Nevermind I've told them all that they are, ahem, forbidden from using the, well, forbidden curses....

I've forbidden mine to use the forbidden curses as well, but I always hear them yelling "Crucio" at each other.

I've forbidden mine to use the forbidden curses as well, but I always hear them yelling "Crucio" at each other.

it's cute, isn't it? In a creepy, "gee, what will they think of next" kind of way. :lol:

I do also tell mine - No wands at the dinner table! I figure, worked (more or less) for Mrs. Weasley, so....

My 8yo is slightly obsessed with Harry Potter right now and has made herself a wand and goes around making up incantations using the small amount of latin that she has learned in these first nine weeks of the third grade.

She was wandering around, hexing her siblings, and suddenly she shrieked "EXPELLIARMUS!!!"

I turned to see what the commotion was about, and saw her 2yo brother running at her, wildly waving a popsicle stick in her direction.

Oh, I laughed!

How about this?

DS8 (Lying on the floor): "I can't get up and go get dressed! I'm under the Petrificus Totalus curse!"

Me (waving my invisible wand): "Relashio! Now you're not! Now get up!"

(Not sure if that's the right counter-spell, but it worked!) :001_smile:

I would have used finite incantatem, but I'm glad relashio worked for you! :lol:

We have a similar problem with Star Wars. Often someone will stretch out a hand for something they want with a look of intense concentration on his or her face. Eventually, someone will figure it out and pass it. The person then claims to have used the force. The biggest perp is Dh.

Dh also taught the kids when they were in carseats that they could change the traffic lights from red to green with the force if they concentrated hard. It worked every time! If the light changed quickly dh would solemnly intone;

"The force is strong in this one..."

Amber in SJ

We have a similar problem with Star Wars. Often someone will stretch out a hand for something they want with a look of intense concentration on his or her face. Eventually, someone will figure it out and pass it. The person then claims to have used the force. The biggest perp is Dh.

Dh also taught the kids when they were in carseats that they could change the traffic lights from red to green with the force if they concentrated hard. It worked every time! If the light changed quickly dh would solemnly intone;

"The force is strong in this one..."

Amber in SJ

You obviously need a force trainer in your home. Weirdest part: the thing actually works. If you concentrate hard enough while wearing the helmet, you can make the little ball go up and down. I don't get it, but it is lots of fun.

Oh, and agreeing with the others. There can never be too much Potter.