Menu

Grammar for 7th grader????

pro31lady

For my first 2 children I was heavy on grammar early on, and then swung the other way to almost no grammar for my 3rd.

In MFW, they recommend All In One English for 7th grade - they too are not heavy in grammar in the early years and recommend this book as a good overview.

But...I'm not crazy about it. Maybe it's because I don't like grammar - but...I just thought I could get some other ideas here. Any ideas of a good book to teach grammar to a 7th grader who has not had much grammar at all?

Thanks

Lori

We love Analytical Grammar around here for middle to junior high grades. It's thorough and to-the-point. My 7th grader is working her way slowly through Season 3 this year. I love the fact that she will be done with grammar after this!!

:iagree:

For my first 2 children I was heavy on grammar early on, and then swung the other way to almost no grammar for my 3rd.

In MFW, they recommend All In One English for 7th grade - they too are not heavy in grammar in the early years and recommend this book as a good overview.

But...I'm not crazy about it. Maybe it's because I don't like grammar - but...I just thought I could get some other ideas here. Any ideas of a good book to teach grammar to a 7th grader who has not had much grammar at all?

Thanks

Lori

I used Painless Grammar with my 7th grader last year. It truly was painless, somewhat entertaining, and seemed to thoroughly cover the rules you NEED to know for writing. It will not teach you to diagram a sentence. But it covers proper sentence structure and most of the essential topics a student would need to know for proper use of grammar in writing.