Menu

Putting my hsing hat back on- which way to go

In a nutshell, things were really bad between dh and me. I left for 2 months and lived with my brother. But things were bad there; he's an alcoholic and I didn't know this when I went there because I haven't seen him in years. Either a happy drunk or very cranky and sober. When he was sober he would blame us for things we had nothing to do with. He kicked us out yesterday. DH came and picked us up, brought us back home. Have to work some things out there still. :( Came home to the nastiest house I have ever seen in my life, oh my word! I have a day ahead of me.

During the time I was living with my brother, I enrolled the kids in school. Oldest and youngest liked it. They didn't like the academic aspect so much, but the social. Middle child with ld didn't want to go at all. She liked making friends but did't like school. She was failing everything, reading teacher was very concerned. They were about to test her for dyslexia when we had to withdraw her.

She had been tested in 1st grade at the college by students with a professor supervising. We didn't have a good experience at all, nothing for sure was figured out. They think she didn't have dyslexia, but possible something going on. She was considered a slow learner, had some visual perception stuff going on, ld. I've always felt it was a bad diagnosis. Reading teacher this year was very concerned about her having dyslexia.

Well... all that to say, I've got to decide if I'm going to put them in school here (really don't like the school here), continue homeschooling but find more social stuff for them to do, and figure out what to do with dd2. Keep up apples and pears and dancing bears. Let her learn in her own way like I always planned I guess.

:grouphug: that's a lot. :grouphug:

what does your dh think re school?

maybe for one week, you could just "be". recover the house, get the kids moved back in, think about family rituals you'd like to have (friday night pizza and movie night? a games night?). figure out rituals that might help reconnect with dh (date night, after dinner walk and talks, a special "date at home" meal?)

decorate the house for fall. make it feel like a home. concentrate on getting the household routines the way you'd like them.

and then maybe it will all be clearer.

:grouphug:

ann

:grouphug: that's a lot. :grouphug:

maybe for one week, you could just "be". recover the house, get the kids moved back in, think about family rituals you'd like to have (friday night pizza and movie night? a games night?). figure out rituals that might help reconnect with dh (date night, after dinner walk and talks, a special "date at home" meal?)

decorate the house for fall. make it feel like a home. concentrate on getting the household routines the way you'd like them.

and then maybe it will all be clearer.

:grouphug:

ann

Great idea :) Thank you.