Menu

Fever not responding to meds....

I have been running a fever for about six hours. It is 102-102.5. I took a motrin, and it never pulled the fever down. I also feel sick to my stomach. I have my 6week post pardum appointment in the morning. I can't go to an OB office sick....right ? O feel awful!

Was your stomach empty when you took the Motrin? Could that be causing the stomach ache? A fever that isn't going down could indicate an infection. If you let the OB office know you are ill before you arrive, they can usher you straight to an exam room. :grouphug:

:iagree:

I think the fever is a reason why you absolutely should NOT cancel your appointment.

I hope you feel better soon! :grouphug:

:iagree:

I think the fever is a reason why you absolutely should NOT cancel your appointment.

I hope you feel better soon! :grouphug:

I will call in the morning...will they see me sick? It OS just an OB practice and my doctor has a baby born a day before my baby...

Fever is down, 99.8 at last check. I went to doctor and everything seemed fine. It is very possibly food poisoning....I did eat something that had been sitting out almost exactly 6 hours before symptoms started. That OS the most likely issue. I am exhausted from not eating. Sipping water and resting for the afternoon, kids get free reogn on the wii ;)

:grouphug:Goodness, you poor thing.:grouphug:

Fever is down, 99.8 at last check. I went to doctor and everything seemed fine. It is very possibly food poisoning....I did eat something that had been sitting out almost exactly 6 hours before symptoms started. That OS the most likely issue. I am exhausted from not eating. Sipping water and resting for the afternoon, kids get free reogn on the wii ;)

I'm glad you went to the doctor and got checked out. I'm sorry you got sick from something you ate, but since you're doing better now, I guess being sick for an evening is a lot better than if you'd had a raging infection or something.

I hope you feel back to normal soon -- I have had food poisoning and it's miserable! Don't be at all surprised if you feel pretty wiped out for a few days, and if you have to eat very lightly.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: