Menu

Link for CPO Science Interactions Books

Both. It doesn't matter which tab you use, because they go to the same page. Just click on Middle School Earth Science or Middle School Life Science or whatever your book is. It is all right there.

If you look on the right side of the page, under the word Ancillaries, you will see clickable stuff. Just start clicking on things. The pages are loaded with PDFs and videos etc.

Are folks who are using this CPO science, are you printing out things like the Investigations manual for your child, or just accessing it all online?

We're doing Earth Science this year, and I'd say we've done about 50% of the labs so far, so I just print out the things I need. Sometimes all you want is a chart, for example.

And the main text has some interesting activities, too. Those aren't in the Investigations book, so printing them out wouldn't happen anyway.

BTW, we're using California, so perhaps the other text is a bit different.

As for the main text, I downloaded it on the iPad and put it in GoodReader. Oh, now that I think about it, I did that with the Investigations, too, but I also access those on the main computer.

It's handy to have it all on the iPad because when I'm stuck somewhere waiting for someone I can pull out my iPad and plan lessons.

I don't see the whole Investigations manual on the CPO website, just a sample. Unless, are the Graphic Organizers what's in the Investigations manual? Ugh, I'm having a hard time organizing everything for what goes with what.

I'm pretty sure the Graphic Organizers are just graphic organizers.

CPO has SO MUCH STUFF you can use, it's sort of overwhelming. You could spend hours a day on this curriculum, what with all of the interesting stuff they've published. If you get the Teacher's Guide they have lists of other books you can get out of the library for literature connections ... my head almost exploded. I'm starting to get a handle on narrowing it down so our entire life doesn't revolve around CPO.

Grantmom, these are the non-CA version links. We havent started either as I'm thinking through on how to conjure up the equipment for the experiments. Plenty of help here from the wonderful moms who have shared on the forum. I also have the various manuals on Good Reader on the Ipad so I can mull over (obsess over is more like it - it's wonderful!). The furthest I've gone is to print a couple of pages on my color laser printer - prints beautifully. :D

I'm probably buying the Teacher's Manual and have contacted the sales rep. Waiting for a reply.

Does all that stuff on the website correlate with the non-CA version only? (Sorry, still just trying to figure out which one to use!!!)

Thanks!

(Okay, I now realize I should've multi-quoted and done all of these replies at once. Sorry.)

We're using the stuff on the website with the CA version. CA has stuff in a different order, plus the astronomy section is in with the Physical Science rather than with the Earth Science. So you simply look for what you want by topic rather than by unit number.

The CA version of Earth Science spends time on earthquakes, and I wonder if it spends more time on the subject than the non-CA does. But we live near a major fault, so I'm okay discussing that topic more extensively. CA also spends time on beaches, and mentions types of flora and fauna that would be more typical in California than in the Midwest.

Mostly I chose CA because it was easier to find the hard copies and the Teacher's Guide at a low cost at the time I was shopping.

I'm pretty sure the Graphic Organizers are just graphic organizers.

CPO has SO MUCH STUFF you can use, it's sort of overwhelming. You could spend hours a day on this curriculum, what with all of the interesting stuff they've published. If you get the Teacher's Guide they have lists of other books you can get out of the library for literature connections ... my head almost exploded. I'm starting to get a handle on narrowing it down so our entire life doesn't revolve around CPO.

Yes, the Graphic Organizers are just the organizers. I did get a lot of help from the videos and pdfs under the tabs in that column. It really is a lot of useable stuff. Tks for the headsup on the Teacher's Guide. Hmm.

I don't see the whole Investigations manual on the CPO website, just a sample. Unless, are the Graphic Organizers what's in the Investigations manual? Ugh, I'm having a hard time organizing everything for what goes with what.

The entire investigations manual is online. It is under the tab "Student Record Sheets" Just click on everything in that column and you will see all kinds of goodies. It just takes a little investigation.

Are folks who are using this CPO science, are you printing out things like the Investigations manual for your child, or just accessing it all online?

I printed out the investigations and had my child work from them, because they are used to keep track of data etc. There are questions to answer, tables to read and fill in etc.

The teacher's guide has answers for the investigations. On the rare occasion that we weren't able to do an investigation (I think we didn't manage about 3 or 4 all year) I gave him the data from the teacher's book, walked him through the process of the investigation and had him to the calculations.