Menu

What is your favorite grown up drink?

I'm going away with dh for the weekend :D and am so excited. We are going back to our college and meeting his old friends for the weekend. Tomorrow evening, we are going out to dinner at a nice-ish restaurant. I don't drink very often, but when I do, it is generally a beer or a margarita. I'd like to have a couple of options in mind that will make me seem a bit more like a grown up ;). What are your favorite cocktails?

I'm partial to the Leland Palmer

*shudder* I still have the occasional nightmare about Leland Palmer/Bob. I'm not sure I could bring myself to try it.

Grown up. Wine. I like a Blueberry Tea on a chilly afternoon. A G&T (my kids' initials), a good Bloody Mary (surprisingly rare). Usually I go with the house specialty though.

Edited by nmoira
too/to

Margaritas are always awesome! If I ever go to a bar-like place, I like to order Captain Morgan and coke, Cosmopolitans, Tequila Sunrise (tequila, orange juice, and grenadine), or maybe a Mai Tai. If you feel like experimenting, try a Whisky Sour or Midori Sour. If the company needs a boost, go for a Long Island Iced Tea, but be careful when ordering this. It has a ton of alcohol, yet goes down as easily as water. Makes for interesting times;).

Have fun and enjoy yourself! Who cares what your drinking?:tongue_smilie:

I'm partial to the Leland Palmer (it has gin, tea, and citrus flavors).

There's also the Black Velvet: half stout, half champagne. It's still beer, but a little fancier.

Interesting. I order a Black Velvet at least once a month and it's always stout and cider.

I just Googled and it says that the non-stout part can be "champagne, sparkling white wine, cider or perry".

What the heck is "perry"?

Word of caution....if you are like me and don't drink very often, then beware of overdoing it. It can definitely, uh, "spoil the mood" for later in the romantic evening!

:blushing: We still joke about that one though...Let's just say nausea + too much motion = no fun for anybody!

If you want frozen: Pina Coladas or Margaritas

If you want beer: Blueberry(I hate beer and this is the only one I will drink)

If you want to have a DRINK that will make you feel good(but not so much in the morning: Long Island Iced Tea, or a Grateful Dead.

If you want a DRINK just to have one and not get trashed:Kalhua Sombrero, or even a White Russion. Cosmopolitans, and Martini's.

I don't like anything that tastes like alcohol, wine usually gives me a headache, and even a second beer makes my stomach feel ick.

Margartitas, daquiris and pina coladas are good in hot weather.

I will usually have vodka, cranberry and midori (melon liquor) otherwise. Smooth, easy and no strong alcohol taste.

I found a wine at the suggestion of our bartender last time we went out to eat. It was a German Riesling and for once I didn't get a headache or sour stomach.

I'm a red wine girl, most of the time. I will occasionally have a light beer, but for sweet drinks, I like lime margaritas, mojitas, or a good martini. Note that this is all very occasional for me. We're not big drinkers.

ETA: What I order depends on the occasion. Mexican restaurant? Margarita (never flavored though, yuck!) Nice dinner restaurant, red wine.

I don't really drink anymore. Which isn't to say that I'm against drinking for everyone all the time; It's just that I choose not to most/all of the time.

However, if dh and I had the opportunity for a getaway, we might have a glass of wine or something. I *am* against drunkeness, LOL, so I'd keep it to one. For ME.

That said, I do recall lo those many years ago on our honeymoon, we both enjoyed apple martinis. And I used to be a BIG fan of Long Island Iced tea; but that was back in my less conservative single days, when I liked them for the fact that I could get drunk quick and they tasted good. So yeah, maybe stay away from those. :tongue_smilie:

I don't really drink anymore. Which isn't to say that I'm against drinking for everyone all the time; It's just that I choose not to most/all of the time.

However, if dh and I had the opportunity for a getaway, we might have a glass of wine or something. I *am* against drunkeness, LOL, so I'd keep it to one. For ME.

That said, I do recall lo those many years ago on our honeymoon, we both enjoyed apple martinis. And I used to be a BIG fan of Long Island Iced tea; but that was back in my less conservative single days, when I liked them for the fact that I could get drunk quick and they tasted good. So yeah, maybe stay away from those. :tongue_smilie:

Exactly!!:tongue_smilie:

I lost my taste for Scotch after my first pregnancy. It tasted different -- not sure why -- so I never went back to it.

I can see developing an aversion to the "smoke""

What about a Calvados? Good ones are so delicious.

I also like Campari and soda for a light aperitif. Or a Lillet.

Bill

I can see developing an aversion to the "smoke""

What about a Calvados? Good ones are so delicious.

I also like Campari and soda for a light aperitif. Or a Lillet.

Bill

I'm most likely to have an evening glass of port in cooler weather (i.e. ten months of the year).

I forgot the Mormon "Lemonade" :D

Bill

Well, here's another one for you...Apple Pomegranate Spritzers (feel free to adjust what you need to make them boozy :lol:):

Ingredients

• 6 cups sparkling water, chilled

• 3 cups apple juice, chilled

• 3 cups pomegranate juice, chilled

• 3 cups lemon-lime flavored soda, chilled

• apple and orange slices to garnish

Instructions

1. In a large pitcher, combine water, juices and soda, stir to combine. Garnish with fruit slices.

2. Serve immediately over ice.