Menu

Lisa Whelchel Divorcing After 24 Years

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissaL viewpost.gif

If we clear the 25 year mark will it be smooth sailing ??? please say yes!!

Statistically, yes. Older people are more content in their marriages in the long term.

I know so many people that have gotten divorced in the past few years after 29-40 years together.

I don't think there is anything as smooth sailing, when it comes to marriages. It takes a daily commitment to make them work.

We have been married 26 years and I will honestly say this past year has been the hardest. We have been through some real trials and tribulations during our marriage. On the surface, this past year has been so smooth - no deaths, unemployment, etc. But it has sure been rough on our marriage.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actress(Facts of Life, I think? Never seen it) and then wrote several books on parenting and homeschooling.

I looked up the show, vague recollection, as I never watched it.

I did see Kim Feilds was on that show. I remember meeting her at Warner Brothers back in (I think 1996), she must have been 22 or 23. I had no idea who she was, other than gleaning she was an actress, and then learned she had worked on that show. She was so cute and had really vivacious and sweet personality. I don't know what her character was like on the show, but Kim was cool.

After a couple weeks of seeing her on the lot and having some fun banter, she suddenly disapperared. I was sort of bummed as she was someone I would like to have known better.

Bill (walking memory lane :D)

Ya know, when I first saw the picture I also wondered... But, I didn't want to judge (especially from a photo!). But, it was the first thing I thought of.

Whelchel's response to woman who is concerned that she might have a gay son.

(apparently "publicity about homosexuality" can make you gay :))

http://www.freedomeveryday.org/sexual-addiction-articles/viewArticle.php?articleID=60

I think everyone here might be on the right track. The most telling part for me was her boyfriend (at the time) saying he didn't have anything to worry about when she confessed her friendship with him.

Hmm, well if her dh is gay, then i hope he can come to terms with it and learn to accept himself for how God made him.

Whelchel's response to woman who is concerned that she might have a gay son.

(apparently "publicity about homosexuality" can make you gay :))

http://www.freedomeveryday.org/sexual-addiction-articles/viewArticle.php?articleID=60

I didn't know people actually published stuff like that. :confused:

I hope her son isn't gay simply because he doesn't seem to live in a community that would handle that very well and coming out would be very hard.

Is that what she was saying? I thought she meant a child that had been molested might turn out gay. I need to reread it.

She was not saying that a gay is more likey to be a child molester. She was saying that molestation experiences can cause a person to turn to a homosexual lifestyle.

She was not saying that a gay is more likey to be a child molester. She was saying that molestation experiences can cause a person to turn to a homosexual lifestyle.

Okay...that's what I thought. I had skimmed through her response quickly so I wasn't sure.

Wow. Yeah check out this video of him.

http://vimeo.com/12278726

We have a friend just admit to a secret gay lifestyle. But the way he talked and acted made that no surprise. He married her at like 35 right? One word=Beard.

So she's an advocate of child abuse (hot saucing) who believes gay man can be converted, and is divorcing a man who appears flamboyant?

One can't make this stuff up!

Bill

So she's an advocate of child abuse (hot saucing) who believes gay man can be converted, and is divorcing a man who appears flamboyant?

One can't make this stuff up!

Bill

She explictly talked about how she wasn't attracted to him AT. ALL. But they were very good friends. She knew on some level...denial!

A beard is a female who gives a gay man a cover for his gayness. Rock Hudson, for example, when there were rumors about him a long time ago, married some gal for a short while. Then they got divorced. Then he would go to Hollywood premiers and parties with some woman as a cover for his gay lifestyle. Since he was considered to be a hearthrob by the studios and apparently by lots of women, having him come out as gay wouldn;t have been good for his career. He died of AIDS, and shortly before he died, he finally came out as gay.

That doesn't mean that all guys who wait until they are in their 30s to marry are gay at all. But in certain Christian churches, it is expected that the pastors are married by a certain age. Most of the men I know who haven't married and aren't gay have one of a few characteristics, none of which would be great in a pastor=-socially awkward guy who is very into something (may be an Asperger), or a guy who likes to bed lots of women and not have entanglements.

:001_huh:

That is some seriously messed up thinking. Gay men are not more likely to be child molesters.

No, but Swedish researchers found that gay men were more likely than others to have been sexually molested.

Study found 35.5% admitted having been molested as children. And those molested were more likely to engage in other highly risky sexual behaviors (listed, won't print them here).

She explictly talked about how she wasn't attracted to him AT. ALL. But they were very good friends. She knew on some level...denial!

Haven't you ever not been attracted to a guy AT ALL but you were very good friends? I have. He wasn't gay...just not the one for me. In fact, it happened more than once, through the years.

That doesn't mean she knew. Besides, she was young and naive once, as we all were.

Edited by TranquilMind