Menu

How many pages of math mammoth 2 do you do in a day?

staceyobu

We are just starting MM3A and MM1A with my boys. My 6yold doing 1A does two sheets a day easily but my 8 yr old is really struggling to get two done. My 8 yr old takes forever to get two done and complains about it takig too long, too many questions etc. I think I am going to slow down a little - even if it means not getting done by the end of the year. We are working on regrouping twice and three times right now and he goes through the questions at a fairly slow pace. Maybe we can speed back up when we hit clocks and measurement which he likes a lot more.

I try to do a lesson heading a day - some lessons are two, some are three... if it's four, we usually break it up.

This is what we did, though we were accelerating at the time.

I did not assign all the problems, especially if there were 3 pages. My son is writing phobic, but doing half-2/3 of the problems wasn't so bad.

I try to do a lesson heading a day - some lessons are two, some are three... if it's four, we usually break it up.

Same here. On occasion if ds is having a really hard time with a particular lesson (ie: last week learning 10 till 6, 20 past 5, etc.) we'll slow down, but generally we don't have too much difficulty doing one full lesson at a time. However, we only do MM four times each week and usually take the fifth day off for outside classes, field trips, etc.

Oh wow this makes me feel much better. We do between 1 and 3 pages a day depending on DS' understanding of the topic and attention span at the time. I was feeling like we weren't doing enough, looks like we are. That being said we'll skip entire exercises if DS shows he already knows the materiel.