Menu

Whoever recommended "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn- A BIG THANKS

What an eye-opener! I just got it from the library today. l've read Ephesians 5:33 alot but I never noticed that it specifically says "Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

When a man feels disrespected, he reacts in ways that is unloving to his wife. Then when a woman feels unloved, she reacts in ways that feels disrespectful to her husband. "Aha!"

Our men need R-E-S-P-E-C-T. It should've been sung by a man. :001_smile:

Okay, that is all.

isn't that a fantastic book? I've heard Love and Respect is good, too. I have it but have never read it :001_huh: That has helped our marriage so much, especially after seeing my parents. My dad is amazed that we can take 24 hour road trips and not kill each other :lol: I love being relaxed now when we're lost somewhere. Although it still drives me up.a.wall that dh can really be thinking about nothing. I just can't fathom how that is possible :lol:

It was written by Otis Redding. He really was asking for respect!

Well... there you go, that makes sense. :D

I also borrowed the Love and Respect book. I'm only on chapter 2.... I've been doing the wrong things to dh. Poor guy.

I was just telling him a few days ago:

Me: Uh-oh, you have that face again.

Dh: What face?

Me: When you're spaced out...

Dh: oh.

that's it.

:lol:

I love both books--For Men Only and For Women Only. My friends and I thought it was hilarious that the FMO book included a "Quick-Start guide," since many men just want to cut to the chase in reading "those" type of books, and a section for the women who would be reading the book! Neither are found in the FWO book! :lol: