Menu

Need games to fill 1.5 hours...help!

I volunteered to lead games this Friday at our AHG camp. I thought I would need one or two games to fill 30 minutes. The activity director just told me I need to fill an hour and a half. YIKES! How many games of tag can we play????:001_huh:

We will have approx. 50 girls ranging in ages from 1st grade to 8th grade (For those of you familiar with AHG it will be Tenderhearts thru Pioneers. Patriots will be doing something else)

I need some (many, actually) non-competetive, cooperative, or really fun games to fill the time. Please, moms of scouts or co-op people, hit me with your best stuff! I'm begging. Google has only taken me so far and I really need some suggestions.:bigear:

Fifty girls from 1st grade to eighth grade all at the same time? Yikes.

How many helpers do you have? With enough help, I would split them into groups by unit level and go from there.

Here some sites with lots of cooperative games:

http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activities/cooperative-games.page-1.html

http://www.campgames.org

I would break them into groups, too. 50 girls is just too many to keep focused for an hour and a half! If you have 4 good 15-minute games, you could put the girls into 4 groups of about a dozen each and rotate them through stations. You would need an adult or two with every station (I'm assuming you will have help, right? It's not just you and 50 girls...). The upside is that each adult only has to lead one game; they just do it multiple times. When all the stations are done, you could come back together for one big finale game with everyone.

I did a Minute to Win It birthday party a few years ago. Those were some fun games with household items.

http://www.nbc.com/minute-to-win-it/how-to/

The other option is to make the Pioneers your "helpers," then they can split the Tenderheart and Explorers and run a rotating series of games for you.

I would break them into groups, too. 50 girls is just too many to keep focused for an hour and a half! If you have 4 good 15-minute games, you could put the girls into 4 groups of about a dozen each and rotate them through stations. You would need an adult or two with every station (I'm assuming you will have help, right? It's not just you and 50 girls...). The upside is that each adult only has to lead one game; they just do it multiple times. When all the stations are done, you could come back together for one big finale game with everyone.

:iagree: with all of the above

The minute to win it type games in groups that rotate to stations manned by the older girls...it could be a carnival type atmosphere!