Menu

My dhis taking the day off from work tomorrow to help with college apps/transcripts

speedmom4

:001_smile:

I have been freaking out a little. My dd got a letter from University of Florida that stated, "You only have 6 weeks left to apply." My anxiety levels skyrocketed at that point. We aren't even applying to UF. But this is our first child to go through this process and I am not feeling very confident. My dh was on his way home from the airport last night and I called him and laid it all out. I NEVER ask my husband to take a day off from work. I know he has a demanding job but I desperately need his help. He agreed to take off tomorrow and we are going to tackle it all (hopefully).

I think I'm stressing about this too much, but I'm dreaming about applications and horrible college experiences. Wish I hadn't read the Poisoned Ivies article from the General Board!

Please reassure me that others freaked out and everything turned out fine???!!!! :tongue_smilie:

Thanks,

Elise in NC

It is going to be OK. I am the queen of freakout and I successfully got through it. Break each task down. Set a due date. Are you doing common app? If so, be sure to take advantage of uploading files instead of trying to fit everything in their little boxes. If you have trouble, contact the common app people. They were very helpful. Feel free to ask away here as well.

It is going to be OK. I am the queen of freakout and I successfully got through it. Break each task down. Set a due date. Are you doing common app? If so, be sure to take advantage of uploading files instead of trying to fit everything in their little boxes. If you have trouble, contact the common app people. They were very helpful. Feel free to ask away here as well.

Thank you!

We made a to-do list last night and it doesn't seem as overwhelming now.

Elise in NC

Use BIG manila envelopes numbered in order of how you wish to present the material to the admissions office. For example, the applications are in number 1, the transcript that is one full page overview in number 2, the detailed book list transcripts in number 3 ,report cards in envelope 4 etc. That way you spend one day organizing and then can simply go 1-20 into the envelope without stressing out whether or not you included all materials. And drink Nyquil all day. Just a thought. I am nearly certifiable by now. Here is a recent photo.:lol:

post-486-13535087569632_thumb.jpg

post-486-13535087569632_thumb.jpg

Use BIG manila envelopes numbered in order of how you wish to present the material to the admissions office. For example, the applications are in number 1, the transcript that is one full page overview in number 2, the detailed book list transcripts in number 3 ,report cards in envelope 4 etc. That way you spend one day organizing and then can simply go 1-20 into the envelope without stressing out whether or not you included all materials. And drink Nyquil all day. Just a thought. I am nearly certifiable by now. Here is a recent photo.:lol:

LOVE the photo!!!!

We got it all done!! I think my husband thought I was being a bit dramatic about all that we needed to do but at bedtime he admitted that my dd and I were in way over our heads. We could have gotten it all done (would have taken us MUCH longer) but we might have killed each other. There were no tears/yelling/highly emotional verbal digs, etc. It was very peaceful. I LOVE my husband right now.

Heading off to a college open house this morning up in the mountains!

Thanks,

Elise in NC

Edited by speedmom4
typo