Menu

Am I the only one watching the finale?

Big Brother is the one show I count down to every year.

I love it.

I even streamed it to the hospital when I was put on hospital bedrest! LOL!

I am not too shocked about who won. The 2nd place person did play a very strategic game but no one could get over how "wronged" they felt to see that the strategy was exactly that: Strategy to win a game.

If you missed the last few weeks, it would be worth it (to me) to go back and see them on hulu. Dan ran the game w/out winning POV or HOH. He managed to dominate everyone constantly and got them to do whatever he planned. I don't know how it worked. It was the wildest thing. In the end they were all mad at him, and didn't vote for him. But he worked for it.

I kind of compare Dan's game play to that of Russell Frantz from Survivor. Yes, both made it to the end of the game, but neither remembered that the jury would rather give the money to an undeserving person (not that Ian was undeserving), than a snake. I applaud Dan for saving his own neck so many times, but he really pissed a lot of people off on the way.

If you missed the last few weeks, it would be worth it (to me) to go back and see them on hulu. Dan ran the game w/out winning POV or HOH. He managed to dominate everyone constantly and got them to do whatever he planned. I don't know how it worked. It was the wildest thing. In the end they were all mad at him, and didn't vote for him. But he worked for it.

Exactly. He out-played all of them, without winning any of the contests. In my mind, he was the smartest player. I think the rest of the jury was mad/embarrassed that he made it look so easy to manipulate them.

Was his gameplay nice? No. But it was a game. A game where backstabbing/dishonesty is expected.

I did not like Ian. I did not like Frank.

From other things I've read, it sounds like there was a lot of cheating going on behind the scenes, with producers influencing the outcomes :mad:

ETA: glad to see I am not the only one who watches

Exactly. He out-played all of them, without winning any of the contests. In my mind, he was the smartest player. I think the rest of the jury was mad/embarrassed that he made it look so easy to manipulate them.

Was his gameplay nice? No. But it was a game. A game where backstabbing/dishonesty is expected.

I did not like Ian. I did not like Frank.

From other things I've read, it sounds like there was a lot of cheating going on behind the scenes, with producers influencing the outcomes :mad:

ETA: glad to see I am not the only one who watches

They claim this every single season. As for Dan not winning events, that is his strategy (well less so this time). He threw every competition in his first season and anyone playing against him now would have to wonder if he did throw some of them on purpose. I'm not convinced he didn't throw the stage 3 of the HOH so he wouldn't have to be the one to kick Danielle out. He was confident Ian would be taking him

Big Brother 14 that is :leaving:

This was the best season ever, and we've watched them all. I was especially glad that this season was about gameplay, instead of romances. There wasn't anything inappropriate that our son couldn't see, for a change! Awesome.

I'm so glad that Ian won. He was our favorite from the beginning. Sure, Dan was an amazingly manipulative player, but he forgot that you still have to have friends in the jury at the end. If you backstab everyone, no one will vote for you. It was pretty amazing that he talked other players into doing what he wanted, but in the end, the nice® guy won. And the smartest, so that's a plus for me.

Edited by TranquilMind

I kind of compare Dan's game play to that of Russell Frantz from Survivor. Yes, both made it to the end of the game, but neither remembered that the jury would rather give the money to an undeserving person (not that Ian was undeserving), than a snake. I applaud Dan for saving his own neck so many times, but he really pissed a lot of people off on the way.

Well, that kind of game worked for Richard Hatch in Season 1. But it never worked again.

Please tell me she didnt make an appearance? :glare:

Ian opened Pandora's Box with the promise of a message from someone that loved him. They were showing a picture of his parents so he opened it up. He was subjected to Rachael at her whiniest voice via video telling him how much she loved him and an assortment of annoying information. Don't worry, they didn't subject the viewers to much of it.