Menu

Can I ask a dumb question about how these boards work?

Every time I come to the boards, I notice that the topics are always shifting around. In other words, the topics don't always seem to be in chronological order, like they used to be on the old board. Do they shift depending on the number of people looking at a particular topic? I'm finding it a bit more difficult to find topics that I'm interested in now. I'm used to looking from the top down; now I seem to have to scroll all around.

Am I making sense here, or just confusing myself and everyone else?

Thanks!:rolleyes:

Every time somebody posts a reply to a thread, that thread jumps up to the top. If you look at when you were last on the board (it's right under your name in the top right corner), you can read only the posts that have been posted since then (they'll be at the top). The K-8 Curriculum Board moves very fast, so if it's been more than an hour or two, you're likely to need to look at more than one board. This board moves a lot slower.

I like to see the boards so that the top post is the newest thread. So, to do this I go to the first page, go to the display options near the bottom of that page and select sorted by "thread post time". Then click "show threads". In this way I can see the newest topic as opposed to the most recent post. If I only want to glance through as see what has received a new post, I sort by the default of last post time.

HTH