Menu

How would you choose to celebrate?

I would never tell dh this' date=' but if I were being painfully honest ........ a night in a nice hotel all ..... by ...... myself :tongue_smilie:.

I am an introvert who hasn't been alone in seven years :lol:.[/quote']

This is what I did for my 40th this year. I asked for 24 hours “off”. It was something I had been hoping dh would think of on his own but then I realized as an extrovert he was never going to think of it. He was happy to give it to me but it just wouldn’t have crossed his mind.

I went out for breakfast and did some errands I enjoy, went out to lunch, went downtown to a museum and then checked into a hotel. I read a lot, took a long hot bath, watched TV and had room service for breakfast. It was heaven.

For dh’s birthday this year, he wanted to have a bunch of friends over and cook for them. :lol: Sometimes I wonder how we ended up together. ;)

I'm not sure dh knows--not that I'm HIDING it, mind you; I just may not have been COMPLETELY overt yet, either--but I am planning for our family to go on a Disney cruise for my 40th. Which is like a year and a half away. LET'S GET PLANNING, PEOPLE!!!!

:party:

(That's Mickey in the middle handing me a balloon.)

This is what I did for my 40th this year. I asked for 24 hours “offâ€. It was something I had been hoping dh would think of on his own but then I realized as an extrovert he was never going to think of it. He was happy to give it to me but it just wouldn’t have crossed his mind.

I went out for breakfast and did some errands I enjoy, went out to lunch, went downtown to a museum and then checked into a hotel. I read a lot, took a long hot bath, watched TV and had room service for breakfast. It was heaven.

Oh my gosh, this fantasy alone may be enough to get me through my 40th :lol:.

I would never tell dh this' date=' but if I were being painfully honest ........ a night in a nice hotel all ..... by ...... myself [/quote']

In my heart of hearts, I'd wish for a weekend away by myself in a nice hotel on the beach.

However, I can just see the disappointment in my kids' faces when I tell them all I want is to get away and not share my birthday with them. And then I imagine my dog's face when I try to walk out the door without her . . .

So, I always ask for my family to give me a nice hug and then get on with their lives. If they can manage to get along with each other (or at least argue in another room so I can't hear them), that'll be a great day.

Well, since my birthday is the day before my Mother-In-Laws my 40th went like this....Family gathering, Happy 60th birthday, MIL. Big Cake, lots of applause, presents. Oh, here is a card for you.

I am still trying not to be bitter about the whole thing.

My dh and kids gave me the perfect 40th birthday. The night before my birthday (which was a Saturday) dh took me out to my favorite restaurant and gave me a spa certificate. The next morning, he woke me up with breakfast in bed. The kids all came in and gave me cards. Then he told me to get dressed for my spa day and bring clothes for going shopping afterwards. He drove me to the spa where I had a massage, a facial, a manicure and pedicure, and lunch. He picked me up and we went window shopping, bought a new outfit for me, went to a park, and just drove around on a beautiful fall afternoon. Then he drove me home to a wonderful dinner cooked by my teenagers. My house was spotless, all the laundry was done, and there was a cheesecake. :)

your 40th birthday?

We aren't in a position to say "money is no object", but DH really wants to do something special for my 40th next March. I have no good ideas. :001_huh:

Would you want to go on a trip? Have a party? Receive a special gift? Would love to see how others would want to celebrate.

It depends on what kind of person you are. I'm not a party person, so that was out. I asked for a big family trip.. and that's what we did. It was wonderful.

Well, since my birthday is the day before my Mother-In-Laws my 40th went like this....Family gathering, Happy 60th birthday, MIL. Big Cake, lots of applause, presents. Oh, here is a card for you.

I am still trying not to be bitter about the whole thing.

My birthday is the day before Christmas. I'm turning 40 this year. I'm expecting it to go like this, except at my in-laws with a Christmas tree and lots of wrapping paper to pick up.

I would never tell dh this' date=' but if I were being painfully honest ........ a night in a nice hotel all ..... by ...... myself :tongue_smilie:.

I am an introvert who hasn't been alone in seven years :lol:.[/quote']

This. Sigh.

This is what I did for my 40th this year. I asked for 24 hours “offâ€. It was something I had been hoping dh would think of on his own but then I realized as an extrovert he was never going to think of it. He was happy to give it to me but it just wouldn’t have crossed his mind.

I hate you. Okay, I don't. I just want to be you.

My birthday is the day before Christmas. I'm turning 40 this year. I'm expecting it to go like this, except at my in-laws with a Christmas tree and lots of wrapping paper to pick up.

Let me be the first to wish you a Giant Happy Birthday! May everyone decide to use gift bags this year, thus making clean up easier as you celebrate your 40th.

My dh and kids gave me the perfect 40th birthday. The night before my birthday (which was a Saturday) dh took me out to my favorite restaurant and gave me a spa certificate. The next morning, he woke me up with breakfast in bed. The kids all came in and gave me cards. Then he told me to get dressed for my spa day and bring clothes for going shopping afterwards. He drove me to the spa where I had a massage, a facial, a manicure and pedicure, and lunch. He picked me up and we went window shopping, bought a new outfit for me, went to a park, and just drove around on a beautiful fall afternoon. Then he drove me home to a wonderful dinner cooked by my teenagers. My house was spotless, all the laundry was done, and there was a cheesecake. :)

That really is the perfect day.