Menu

I think I need to start taking a good multi-vitamin but I am afraid that the ones you buy in the grocery store are a waste of money. I need something without Iron because Iron makes me ill. Also, I would love something that would help with my skin and hair. I have very thin hair and if there is some miracle out there, I want it. My skin is dry as well. OK, share the knowledge! :lol:

I make sure I purchase food based vitamins so my body can recognize the nutrients :) Here's what I buy:

http://www.vitacost.com/rainbow-light-womens-one-food-based-multivitamin

It does have iron, but not a large quantity. Maybe they have non iron formulas?

I'd use something topically for the dry skin (coconut or olive oil). Not sure about the hair.

I make sure I purchase food based vitamins so my body can recognize the nutrients :) Here's what I buy:

http://www.vitacost.com/rainbow-light-womens-one-food-based-multivitamin

It does have iron, but not a large quantity. Maybe they have non iron formulas?

I'd use something topically for the dry skin (coconut or olive oil). Not sure about the hair.

I take this, too, and I believe it's helped overall. And it never upsets my stomach and most multis do.

Shaklee is my favorite. It is food based. You can buy with or without iron. My energy level's are amazing when I take these. I always notice a difference in expectant mother's that take these.

:iagree:

Shaklee products are excellent and have all of the studies to support them.

:iagree: and :iagree: Shaklee is amazing, and you can tell a difference when taking something by Shaklee, and any other brand. When I got pregnant w/ my oldest, my doc said I needed to take a pre-natal vit. I handed her my jar of shaklee vita-lea that I was already taking, and she said I didn't need to take anything different.

Just wanted to add to Negin's posts that I have tried Nature's Sunshine for 5 years now and would recommend it. To my great dismay, I have heard that New Chapter Organics has been bought by someone and the quality of future products is in question now. They were my second favorite brand available at my natural market. Bluebonnet has also been recommended to me and I have been taking it instead of New Chapter. Can't tell yet if there is any difference.

I like this whole food vitamin (and it passes my dissolve in lukewarm water test, LOL): http://www.naturesway.com/Products/Vitamins/15092-Alive-Multi-Vitamin-No-Iron-Added.aspx Nature's Way Alive

It can be found in many drug stores, although I first bought it from Vitacost. I think it says the dosage is 3 pills per day but I do 2. I'm very skeptical about saying I feel a difference after taking supplements or even medication, but with this one I DO. I don't get the stomach upset if I take it with little or no food, either, but I would still recommend taking with a meal just in case. :)

Edited by 6packofun
add

• 1 year later...