Menu

The violence is breaking my heart!!

In addition to the burning, and looting, and killing... These lunatics have completely destroyed an American school in Tunis.

Tears just streamed down my face as I read about all of their library books burned, their computers stolen, busses torched... Everything just completely destroyed.

I will never understand this. Never.

http://www.tunisia-live.net/2012/09/17/director-of-american-school-in-tunis-recounts-day-of-looting-and-vandalism/

This round of violence is affecting me differently than other bouts. It has always made me sad before, but I am struggling with some anger this time around. (This is my issue and I am working on it);)

To my knowledge, since many of these flared up, we (EO) have lost a Bishop and may of our churches in the area.

The war within myself is between wanting to understand this more, but fearing if I do I will have to deal with more anger directed at a specific source. I wonder if ignorance is better. I just do not know.

Incredibly sad :( I just remember that peace will not come until Jesus comes back. Right now, I'm in an incredibly sad valley in my own life, and I understand more why Saints for ages have said, "Come Lord Jesus"... It doesn't mean that I don't want our world to be peaceful or that I don't think we could be more peaceful than we are.... But realistically people can be very evil.... :( And we don't all want a "common good" :(

I get that Islam is a religion of peace. But I have to wonder when the Islamic populace is going to stand up and demand enough. There are 2.2 billion (yes with a B) Muslims in the world. When are the 2 billion going to stand up against the .2 and stop this crap?

:iagree:

These weren't devout Muslims, who were deeply offended by the video, peacefully protesting. These were street thugs using it as an excuse to steal and destroy. If I were a Muslim I would be mortified by this. As an American Christian, I am heart-broken and just praying for peace in my own soul and that God forgives them.

When will all the real Christians stand up to stop abortion clinic doctors, or the crazy preachers who fill their sermons with out right hatred toward Islam, etc. I don't see any huge christian protest outside of preachers such as Hagee or Robertson, etc who have no problem foaming at the mouth against a different religion.

Perhaps we need leaders on all sides who will not profit from violence,corporations who do not profit from violence, religious leaders who do not profit, and political groups who do not profit from violence. Because they all do. There's your answer, no need to blame just one group.

Christians are protesting in the streets, setting fires to school and shooting people with bombs? Christians are sentencing people of different religions to death from America?

All of that is = to you?

OK then. Personally I think you're confusing free speech with hate speech, but considering the political climate of this country, I can see why finding the difference is difficult.

There are thugs everywhere willing to use a religion as their basis for destroying who or what they feel the need to destroy. Today it is the Muslim religion they have chosen...past it has been Christianity and other religions. The religion they are "protecting" needs no protection and the true Muslims/Christians/name a religion are left in a bad light.

This does not make me sad, but mad. There will be no apology good enough for these idiots so as a people we need to stop apologizing and take care of the problem or it will continue. Coddling a wild animal (and this how they are behaving)that is out of control and willing to kill does not work, they are put down. Why are these animals treated differently?

A school...seriously:glare: They do not belong to the human race.

When will all the real Christians stand up to stop abortion clinic doctors, or the crazy preachers who fill their sermons with out right hatred toward Islam, etc. I don't see any huge christian protest outside of preachers such as Hagee or Robertson, etc who have no problem foaming at the mouth against a different religion.

Perhaps we need leaders on all sides who will not profit from violence,corporations who do not profit from violence, religious leaders who do not profit, and political groups who do not profit from violence. Because they all do. There's your answer, no need to blame just one group.

There is a huge rally once a year in Washington, DC of Christians making a stand against abortion. There are Christians who picket abortion clinics all over the country. It happens all the time.

I can't say with absolute certainty that crazy preachers don't have a following, but crazy preachers are loudly condemned by many, many non-crazy Christian groups.

Of course the non-crazy Christians aren't gathering up the crazy preachers and shooting them in the head in the public square. Nor are they burning the schools and libraries of of the children of the crazy preachers' followers.

Christians are protesting in the streets, setting fires to school and shooting people with bombs? Christians are sentencing people of different religions to death from America?

All of that is = to you?

OK then. Personally I think you're confusing free speech with hate speech, but considering the political climate of this country, I can see why finding the difference is difficult.

You think we don't have people in this country with anger and hatred in their hearts, anger and hatred that is fueled and manipulated by those with an agenda that is dependent on rage?

We know from the parable in Matthew that "whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." It is the same with murderous rage. Yet we over-flow with media outlets and even religious leaders that attempt to provoke the same sort of hatred and rage we see in the Middle East.

If it does not spill into open violence, it is still violence of the spirit.

Bill

This is what kills me. I do not want to think my precious child has to wait until your Jesus comes back so he can die to have a life. My mother thinks as you do, and it was the hardest decision in my life to write her off as a close minded person who means nothing to me, who I despise and hope she is pained eternally for her belief about me and her son, who she professes to love dearly, since we all are going to Hell because we don't believe in her view of Revelations.

Do you HAVE to take a thread that is about a wonderful school destroyed by senseless violence and make it about you and your family and your beliefs?

Can't we for once, just stay on topic and give this school a prayer or a moment of silence or a vibe or whatever it is you do? They have been faithfully serving that community for over 50 years and now their entire school was destroyed and they are nothing more than innocent victims.

Please. No red herring arguments. No personal attacks. No slams against religion.

How about just trying to picture in your head, the library books as they burned... The charred pieces of all your favorite children's books floating in the air...the destroyed classrooms with student work still hanging on what's left of the walls...and 500 children crying when they have no school to go to tomorrow. Try picturing that and you will understand that this post isn't about you.

There is a huge rally once a year in Washington, DC of Christians making a stand against abortion. There are Christians who picket abortion clinics all over the country. It happens all the time.

I can't say with absolute certainty that crazy preachers don't have a following, but crazy preachers are loudly condemned by many, many non-crazy Christian groups.

Of course the non-crazy Christians aren't gathering up the crazy preachers and shooting them in the head in the public square. Nor are they burning the schools and libraries of of the children of the crazy preachers' followers.

Precisely!!!

I feel no need to protest anyone. We live in a free country- people are allowed to say what they want. Do people say bad things and wrong things? Yes. But even with highly derogatory things no one is burning down schools and KFCs and no one is killing people. I can't see the comparison.

Furthermore, I see no reason why anyone should be protesting this youtube clip. Even if you don't like it, and I haven't heard of anyone who thought it was a good video, there is no reason to protest. People post all sorts of garbage on youtube.

How are you doing Heather? We have heard of these protests in your country too? Any danger for you or is the government making sure the protestors don't hurt anything or anyone?

Do you HAVE to take a thread that is about a wonderful school destroyed by senseless violence and make it about you and your family and your beliefs?

Can't we for once, just stay on topic and give this school a prayer or a moment of silence or a vibe or whatever it is you do? They have been faithfully serving that community for over 50 years and now their entire school was destroyed and they are nothing more than innocent victims.

Please. No red herring arguments. No personal attacks. No slams against religion.

How about just trying to picture in your head, the library books as they burned... The charred pieces of all your favorite children's books floating in the air...the destroyed classrooms with student work still hanging on what's left of the walls...and 500 children crying when they have no school to go to tomorrow. Try picturing that and you will understand that this post isn't about you.

I'm sorry Heather. I should have kept my mouth shut.