Menu

We need a name for children's SN ministry

Cross Posting from General Forum.

Dh and I are starting a ministry for children with special needs and their families at our church and we need a name. Pastor is excited and asked us to come up with a name for our group. I've got one in mind but I think there could be a better one out there. What would you name it?

We're starting with a sunday school class and building from there to have coverage during worship service and Wed night. We'd also like to see a parent support group and respite nights eventually.

TIA :001_smile:

Our preschool program is called Kingdom Kids. It's not a special needs program, but the name still could fit your situation. I have a friend with a special needs daughter. Her church calls their program "Beach Buddies", but of course they live at the beach. :D Probably won't work for you.

How funny - our elementary children's program is called Kingdom Kids. I've thought about coming up with a name to go with it but I'm drawing a blank.

We're actually not far from the beach - Beach Buddies is an adorable name :)

Great suggestions so far. I don't have one to add, but I just wanted to thank you for reaching out to the special needs community. I often feel out of place at church b/c there is no support like this. It's awesome that you're doing this.

:iagree:

I wish our church was so inclusive. All my best for your new ministry!

Great suggestions so far. I don't have one to add, but I just wanted to thank you for reaching out to the special needs community. I often feel out of place at church b/c there is no support like this. It's awesome that you're doing this.

:iagree:

I wish our church was so inclusive. All my best for your new ministry!

Our little guy has significant disabilities and we also struggled to find a church home. This church has embraced him with joy and love. We've had this on our hearts for years but his needs kept us from taking the step. He's been in the 4 year old nursery class for years and he's ready to move on up so the timing is perfect all around. We've got another little guy about his age who spends much of Sunday in the entryway with his mom because he doesn't have a place to be.

Our church has been wanting to move in this direction for a few years but the timing wasn't right. Eveything is coming together now. We're very excited about it! We're praying it will allow other families in the community a place to come as well.

The one at our church is called "Green Light Ministry":

"Children with special needs and their family members face more than their share of red lights as they travel through life.

Unfortunately, for many of these families, the church has been just another one of those red lights along the road. At [xxxx], we think it is time to flip the switch! Our new Green Light Ministry is designed especially for children, grades K-5, who have special needs. After all, Jesus commanded us: "Go and make disciples of all people." - Matthew 28:19."

Terri