Menu

Starting late this year

HeatherinTenn

Due to a family death, I was in California for six weeks. Just got back last Monday. Spent all last week getting the house back in order and trying to find my school room :001_smile:. Well, I ordered my books for this year, and they are coming today. I am so excited. I don't know about anybody else, but I love receiving packages in the mail, especially packages containing new curriculum. Just wanted to share. I hope everyone has had a fabulous start to their school year.

Blessings!

HeatherinTenn

I'm sorry to hear about the death in your family :grouphug: My dad passed away in July and we're finally back to a somewhat normal routine. We just started our school year last week and I'm taking it very slowly, just starting with grammar/phonics, math and art, this week I'm adding in history and science, next week I'll add in geography and latin.

I do love getting packages, so I can totally relate to that excitement.

I wish you all the best in your school year!

It was my dad that passed away in July as well. I spent the 6 weeks helping my mom get stuff taken care of. They were married 46 years. He had cancer, so we knew it was coming, but you're still never prepared.

Blessings to you!

HeatherinTenn

Heather, my dad also passed from cancer, we knew it was coming but for us it suddenly progressed without warning. He was told 6-9 months in March and in July 5th he was told 1-2 weeks, and only survived another week. You are so right that even though you know what can and eventually will happen it doesn't make it any easier when it actually does, you just can't prepare for that. My mom and dad were married 38 years and it's been real hard for her. I also stayed to help out, but luckily my brother lived 7.5 minutes away (he's timed it) so I was able to get back home in early Aug, which I needed to because my husband was returning from deployment.

I'll keep your family in my thoughts as we all try to heal from the losses we've suffered.

Heather, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. :grouphug: You are right, you can never be prepared. Be gentle with yourself as you slowly get back into the swing of things. This is one of the great things about homeschooling, you can do this all at your own pace, while your heart tries to heal. :grouphug:

And oh YES do I love to receive boxes, especially with BOOKS! :hurray: We have had a slow start this school year and since we were having a hard time getting going, I decided to order a couple of "fun" things. Hopefully the boxes will start to arrive soon!