Menu

HCG users, Come here!!

I help to teach a group of ladies once a month about the HCG diet.

There are no good cheats. They will just slow down your weight loss. Don't attempt it. Remember, chocolate doesn't taste as good as skinnier. :)

Depending on what bread you use, we use the Ezekiel bread line, there are some yummy suggestions. Take a tortilla wrap, brush your oil for the day onto it, sprinkle with salt and cut into triangles, place on a cookie sheet and put into your oven on broil. Watch very carefully until they just start to toast. You just made nacho chips.

To go with those chips, take a total of 4oz of veggies and blend them together to make your own salsa. Don't add sugar. Do add a sugar free salsa blend of spices. Very yummy.

I have to hide this from the kids or they will eat up my nachos!

One gentleman, takes the same tortilla wrap, folds it in half, adds home made apple sauce, xylitol and cinnamon and makes his own sort of apple turnover.

I made cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries and xylitol at Thanksgiving and my FIL didn't know I had swapped out his cranberries.

Don't look for cheats, think about what it is you are actually craving and find an appropriate substitute for it. There is xylitol chocolate out there, if you really need a chocolate fix. Honestly, if you just hold out you will reprogram your body to not depend on chocolate so much.

I've tried a bunch of veggie/soya cheeses. Yuk. I'll wait to eat my own cheese after I'm done the diet.

Any other questions?

1. Baked Talapia

Place 1 talapia fillet on a piece of foil. Sprinkle with McKormicks Monterey Chicken seasoning and a pinch of garlic salt. Fold foil to make a packet and bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Yum! I usually roast a few asparagus spears in a foil packet at the same time... or a wedge of zucchini.

2. Chicken Celery soup

3.5 oz chicken tenders cut into small cubes. 2-3 celery stalks sliced thin (about 1 cup). 1/4 tsp of Better than Bullion Chicken (or substitute chicken broth of choice for water). I usually 'cheat' and add 1 few TBS of diced onion.

Cook chicken and onion until tender (in coconut oil). Add celery and bullion and enough water to cover. Simmer 15 minutes or until celery is tender. It makes a BIG bowl and is very filling.

3. Beef and Broccoli stir fry (my FAVORITE lunch/dinner).

3.5 oz lean steak cut into thin strips. 1 cup broccoli lightly steamed. (again I cheat and add a few TBS of diced onion or onion strips). My other 'cheat' (1-2TBS of Kikkoman Terryaki Baste and Glaze).

Brown beef and onions in 1tsp coconut oil. Stir in steamed broccoli and terryaki sauce.

I usually pair the talapia for lunch with the beef and broccoli for dinner-- I do NOT feel deprived at all!

There are recipe books you can download for free from the HCG forums. You can find the link here.

I lost 24lbs last year (and kept it off) after Han Solo was born and had planned to go back on it this year to lose 20 more, but cannot get my head in the game! I've tried 3 times to start again and I just can't do it. I think it's the stress of James Bond being deployed. There are far too many "booms" going on around him for my liking and I'm so stressed out. I did it for 4 days and lost 5 pounds, but got crazy and quit. I've kept 4 of the 5 off, so that's good. I've got 16 to go. When we get back from our cruise I'm going to get my mind straight and get them off! I can fit into my size 6's but they're snug and that does not make me happy!

Not for the "taking HCG" stage, but the next one (stage 3?) I ate full-fat Fage (Greek yogurt) mixed with liquid stevia and cocoa powder. It really helped me get through several family birthday parties :).

While I was taking HCG I kept to the most simple boring diet imaginable. The most exciting thing I ate was a chicken salad - baked chicken, cooled and chopped, on top of lots of lettuce, with a dressing of vinegar or lemon and 2 drops of liquid stevia. I kept things as simple as possible so I didn't have to think about it so much. Fruit snack; protein, veggie, starch for meal, repeat infinitum :).

Oh, I remember having "french onion soup" with beef broth, steak, and onions.

• 4 weeks later...

Broccoli is not on the original hCG protocol so if you are eating that you are already having a "cheat". I have eaten green beans, which is also not on the original protocol and I do just fine with them. I have lost 60 lbs so far.

I too have a hard time wrapping my head around this diet and have started/stopped at least three times in the last few months trying to get the last 40 lbs off. I was not able to get past day 2! I took a few months off and now I am on day 4 of P2 and have lost 8 lbs. I am hopeful that I will be successful with this round because I finally have my head in the game (and I have not had a cheat yet!).

My main cheat is Crystal Light and Diet soda. I drink both just about every day and neither have caused me to stall.

Once I got onto P3 my favorite snack was melted/browned cheese. I take shredded cheddar and put a thin layer on parchment paper and pop it under the broiler in the toaster oven til browned. It tastes just like Cheez-its!