Menu

Football food to feed a crowd

We're having company over on the weekend for football. I'm drawing a blank on the menu. I usually go with pizza and/or chili and the obvious chips and dip.

Any other good football munchies?

My husband suggested fajitas in the crock pot. I like the idea of something that is just there and ready when people are hungry and that I can prep ahead so I can enjoy my company.

Uhhh... recipe please? Yum!

I think this recipe is on the boards someplace.

• 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef roast, sirloin tip or rump roast
  • 12 ounces (jar) pepperoncini peppers (they are not hot, just flavorful)
  • 1 envelope Italian salad dressing (zesty Italian)
  • 10 ounce can condensed beef broth or a bottle of beer

Optional, which is how I make it. I often don't have the italian dressing packet around, so I use lots of onions, salt, pepper and garlic along with the beer and peppers.

Put it crockpot and cook til falling apart tender. ( My crock pot it takes about 5 hours.) I would pull the beef out and shred it, and then put back in. You can put out mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce and and more peppers. Condiments are not really needed, but some prefer it.

Edited by KatieinMich

I think this recipe is on the boards someplace.

• 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef roast, sirloin tip or rump roast
  • 12 ounces (jar) pepperoncini peppers (they are not hot, just flavorful)
  • 1 envelope Italian salad dressing (zesty Italian)
  • 10 ounce can condensed beef broth or a bottle of beer

Optional, which is how I make it. I often don't have the italian dressing packet around, so I use lots of onions, salt, pepper and garlic along with the beer and peppers.

Put it crockpot and cook til falling apart tender. ( My crock pot it takes about 5 hours.) I would pull the beef out and shred it, and then put back in. You can put out mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce and and more peppers. Condiments are not really needed, but some prefer it.

Thank you!!!