PeacefulChaos

Ok, this is what I'm kind of leaning toward:

4th grader:

Spelling - finish SW D; SW E

Reading - 30-45 minutes during school time

FLL 4

handwriting - ZB 4

writing - WS 4

Math - Singapore (not sure exactly where yet, hoping for 3B at the start of the year, but I'm not going to push it)

Latin - Latina Christiana 1

2nd grader:

Spelling - finish SW B; SW C

Reading - 30 minutes during school time

handwriting - ZB 2C

FLL 3

Math - MUS (again, not sure where. Hopefully we'll be in Beta by the end of this year, but once again, not going to push it :) )

I'm not sure, but I'm considering either starting WS 3 with him or the Big Book of Lively Latin. Idk... I may wait.

Together:

SOTW 3

RSO Chemistry?

Bible - Long Story Short (finishing from this year)

Art - AP K-3 Book 2

Geography - Runkle Geography (finishing from this year)

Music - Classical Kids Vol. 2 cds, coloring book of great composers Chopin-Tchaikovsky, Beethoven's Wig 2, Seeds of Faith (basically all follow ups of this year)

preschooler:

read aloud

OPG

ETC Get Ready, Get Set, and Go for the Code books (maybe not at the beginning of the year? Not sure.)

'Math' - no curriculum - learning about the calendar, the weather (doing graphs of the weather with stickers, maybe), shapes, patterns, counting

Any opinions?

Looks good to me!

Have you looked into Singapore Essentials Math for Pre? There are 2 books, usually one for age 4 and one for age 5, and they lead perfectly into PM 1. Also, my 4 year old started the ETC primers this year, and they seem to be a great fit- not too difficult but worth our time. I was slightly worried before beginning because she's not very interested in school just yet, but she's keeping up with it well.

Also, we LOVE the Seeds CDs :-)

Looks good to me!

Have you looked into Singapore Essentials Math for Pre? There are 2 books, usually one for age 4 and one for age 5, and they lead perfectly into PM 1. Also, my 4 year old started the ETC primers this year, and they seem to be a great fit- not too difficult but worth our time. I was slightly worried before beginning because she's not very interested in school just yet, but she's keeping up with it well.

Also, we LOVE the Seeds CDs :-)

I didn't know Singapore had that! I might look into it... still not sure what we're going to do because I'm not sure how much she'll want to do that sort of thing then. :) She doesn't have the interest that some other little ones seem to have with 'doing school' like the older siblings! ;)

I still haven't decided if she'll do MUS (like Astro) or Singapore (like Link). I'm not sure yet about her learning style, so... yeah. Hopefully we don't do a year in the wrong curriculum like we did with them! (Saxon for both - :ack2: At least I know we won't make THAT particular mistake again!)

You know I've always used Singapore, and my older two have both thrived, though my son is more "mathy." But I am keeping MUS in the back of my mind for the youngest, just in case she struggles with Singapore. So far, so good though. Also, the Essentials workbooks are really inexpensive! Around $10 each, and only one per year. Each page has teacher instructions and additional manipulative ideas.