Menu

Thyroid peeps..I need some advice

I took my teen daughter to the dr for these symptoms: apparent depression(not "her" at all), fatigue, sleeping more, hair loss.

She ran tons of bloodwork including comprehensive thyroid panels.

She told me everything was normal except for low Vit.D and a *tiny* increase in thyroid antibodies. Just wants to retest in three months.

I got a printout the other day....sensing that something really is wrong. Here is what I read:

T4 1.1 nrmal range 0.9-1.4 normal

Tsh 1.11 nrml range not listed

T3 free 3.1 normal range 3.4-4.8 ABNORMAL LOW

Iodine serum/plasma 50 normal range: 52-109 ABNORMAL LOW

Thy antibodies 21 normal range <20 ABNORMAL HIGH

PLEASE help me to decipher this. Her doctor says that her thyroid is fine, but her numbers are off and she is having a hard time with fatigue/depression.

I took my teen daughter to the dr for these symptoms: apparent depression(not "her" at all), fatigue, sleeping more, hair loss.

She ran tons of bloodwork including comprehensive thyroid panels.

She told me everything was normal except for low Vit.D and a *tiny* increase in thyroid antibodies. Just wants to retest in three months.

I got a printout the other day....sensing that something really is wrong. Here is what I read:

T4 1.1 nrmal range 0.9-1.4 normal

Tsh 1.11 nrml range not listed

T3 free 3.1 normal range 3.4-4.8 ABNORMAL LOW

Iodine serum/plasma 50 normal range: 52-109 ABNORMAL LOW

Thy antibodies 21 normal range <20 ABNORMAL HIGH

PLEASE help me to decipher this. Her doctor says that her thyroid is fine, but her numbers are off and she is having a hard time with fatigue/depression.

Hello...what part of abnormal low does she not see???

Go see a different doctor. Or go back and nag this doctor until she does something. Or get a referral to an indocrinologist.

And check out this site: Stop the Thyroid Madness

I was put back on meds because my T3 level was at 3.25, higher than your daughter. Granted, I am on a very low dose, but it does make a difference. A doctor I saw in the past didn't put me back on meds because he didn't think the number was low enough. My current doctor did, and my symptoms are much better (unless I forget to take them :tongue_smilie:)