Menu

What can you use MUS manipulative for? (other than MUS)

bttrflyvld

I have become the grateful recipient of many items for homeschool. One of which was a huge set of MUS manipulatives (block set). I don't plan on using MUS but thought I'd see what other uses or math programs I could use these with. Any ideas? I'm sure there is some educational use for them.

10544.jpg

I think I saw a while back a free printable that used cuisenaire rods to form the alphabet. You'd use them like shape block pictures. I wonder if I could use the MUS blocks for the same ones. Anyone seen that site? (I can't find it)

Any ideas for what I could use them for?

I have become the grateful recipient of many items for homeschool. One of which was a huge set of MUS manipulatives (block set). I don't plan on using MUS but thought I'd see what other uses or math programs I could use these with. Any ideas? I'm sure there is some educational use for them.

10544.jpg

I think I saw a while back a free printable that used cuisenaire rods to form the alphabet. You'd use them like shape block pictures. I wonder if I could use the MUS blocks for the same ones. Anyone seen that site? (I can't find it)

Any ideas for what I could use them for?

Just about all basic math concepts (counting, building numbers, one to one correspondence, adding, subtracting, regrouping (adding and subtracting), comparing numbers, etc. I use them a lot and don't always teach them the mathusee way.