Menu

LC - ways to eat hard-boiled eggs?

I don't like egg salad (I'm not big on mayo). Typically, I eat slices of hard-boiled eggs in a lettuce or spinach salad. Today, I was too lazy to make a salad, so I just sliced up the eggs on a plate and put some balsamic dressing on it - that was ok, though not something I'd do every day - the texture is questionable LOL.

I bought a package of four 6-packs of peeled hard-boiled eggs at Costco for about four bucks, well worth not having to cook and peel them :D. Interestingly, they're good through some time next month. Bonus - they don't seem to smell like eggs or anything at all, even after having been opened.

Pleas share alternative yummy ways to eat them, that are quick/simple and do not involve mayo :bigear:

(I could have sworn there was a thread about this recently but I can't find it :confused:)

Guest submarines

Am I the only one totally grossed out by eggs that are sold peeled and don't smell like eggs?

:leaving:

OP, are they actually any good? Edible? :tongue_smilie: How do their yolks look?

Am I the only one totally grossed out by eggs that are sold peeled and don't smell like eggs?

:leaving:

OP, are they actually any good? Edible? :tongue_smilie: How do their yolks look?

It is odd, I admit. They taste fine. Yolks look normal. I have no idea how they do it. Here is the manufacturer. According to the package, there is a preservative, sodium benzoate; 65 mg sodium per egg.

Guest submarines
It is odd, I admit. They taste fine. Yolks look normal. I have no idea how they do it. Here is the manufacturer. According to the package, there is a preservative, sodium benzoate; 65 mg sodium per egg.

Well, at least they look good. :tongue_smilie:

Wrap them in a thin layer of sausage meat (and I mean the actual stuff you can squeeze out of sausages), seasoned with anything you like. I have done garlic and Italian herbs as well as mustard. Roll them in breadcrumbs then bake until golden brown. Cut up and serve with sauce and some salad.

I call these dinoaaur eggs but I think officially they are Scotch Eggs.

Best wishes

Jen in Oz