Menu

Share pictures of your homeschool room

Janell

I have finally finished(well almost finished) my son's Kindergarten school room. this room in the basement used to be my sewing room/scrapbooking room, but homeschooling has become more important smile.gif I even made my daughter(age 2.5) a little fort under one of the tables so she could have a fun place to play while we do school. So far it has worked out great. thumbsup.gif

I have a big wall that I need to make into some kind of bulletin board(open to suggestions!!) I just don't know what to do yet.

I"m interested in seeing what others have done with their Spaces or Rooms if you don't mind sharing some pictures. I am always looking for a bit of inspiration!!

P1040794.jpg

P1040795.jpg

P1040796.jpg

P1040797.jpg

As you can see the two year old has been enjoying her "fort" and left all her toys out.

P1040798.jpg

and just for fun...

P1040799.jpg

Please share your homeschool Rooms/Spaces as well!!!

We just do school all over and have no particular school space. We have 2 tables, a bar at the kitchen, and a desk as options for places to work, and then reading happens in the living room on the couch. Bookshelves are also all over the house, because a room without books is a room without a soul. :)

But I love your fort for the 2yo! Mine would totally get a kick out of that, and I have been having a difficult time occupying him while working with the others.

Our walls have been repainted, but everything else is the same....

http://seasonsoflearning.blogspot.com/2010/01/peek-at-our-school-at-home.html

No wait! I forgot...I had updated with the basket makeover since those pics were posted lol!

http://seasonsoflearning.blogspot.com/2010/06/baskets-books.html

Edited by *~Tina~*

Dang, your homeschool room looks like a classroom top to bottom!

My "school room" has to double as a dining room. I also use our kitchen eating area too because our large white board fit there:

Dinning Room:

394455_10151081218948812_2071771305_n.jpg

Kitchen eating area wall with my awesome, massive white board! :D

427049_10151081218748812_1081222605_n.jpg

Books? Books are EVERYWHERE int he house! :lol:

Dang, your homeschool room looks like a classroom top to bottom!

My "school room" has to double as a dining room. I also use our kitchen eating area too because our large white board fit there:

Dinning Room:

394455_10151081218948812_2071771305_n.jpg

Kitchen eating area wall with my awesome, massive white board! :D

427049_10151081218748812_1081222605_n.jpg

Books? Books are EVERYWHERE int he house! :lol:

I'm jealous of your white board! I need one like that. :D

Also, i was looking at the cursive alphabet letters you have hanging on your dining room wall. What type of cursive is that?

Here's an old post from my old blog that shows our old schoolroom...:D It was for dd in first grade and for ds in 10th grade. There was a big pool table in the middle--my basement is shaped like an upside down L. Dd's area was across the bottom of the L, ds' was at end of the long part, and the pool table was in the middle of the long part. If that makes any sense at all.

Click on the pics and they enlarge.

We don't have a 'schoolroom', but most rooms in the house seem to have been taken over by school. We do most of our reading, read alouds and history in the sitting room, where we also have the main PC:

[ATTACH]10343[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]10345[/ATTACH]

We also have a lot of our history and science books in the dining room, as well as the piano, the printer, and a dining table more or less filled with books and/or work:

[ATTACH]10344[/ATTACH]

Math and any written work tends to be done round the kitchen table. We have plastic draw units here full of current work, books and art supplies.

[ATTACH]10346[/ATTACH]

ETA: Sorry, don't know why they didn't come out as photos this time.

I love that thing holding your books! Where did you find that?

That was a lucky find at Goodwill ($5)!! :D I don't know if you have a Habitat ReStore where you are, but stores/offices etc. donate items all the time to Habitat ReStore. I saw a turning book holder there the other day. Might be worth checking out.

Click on the image link in my siggie, just posted pics!
Nice space; loved the little doggie perched on the back of the sofa. :D

Our living room and kitchen table are our "school" - we just got new bookcases, so here's a pic!

Ooo, love the bookshelves!

We school in our kitchen, at the table. I don't have much of anything on the walls b/c I don't have an open wall. We have a small wooden desk squeezed in a living room corner where I set up my laptop for computer work. And we read on the couch. :)