Menu

rant, rant, rant

DawnM

I have had nothing but problems for the last 8 weeks with trying to get out of a cell phone contract.

1. cell towers "upgraded" in my area. I no longer get service at my home.

2. They send me a "signal booster" after 5 hours of conversations and them realizing that they can't hear me :lol:

3. Signal booster doesn't work.

4. Several more hours on the phone trying to get it to work.

5. Finally discover it is faulty. They send me another.

6. That one doesn't work.

7. Finally decide that their signal booster is not compatible with Apple products

8. Offer to let me out of my contract provided I ship my phones back.

9. Shipped phones back, phones logged in on Aug. 6

10. $400 charge appears for "early termination fees."

11. Am told this will go away once the warehouse decides to put them in the computer officially.

12. 42 days later, phones are still not in the computer, $400 charge still stands.

13. 8 phone calls in 42 days and always told the same thing, "OH, don't worry about it. Give us another day or two and that will go away."

14. 8th call today.....10 minutes on hold while she "reviews my account." She comes back only to have the call disconnected.

That is all. I am just VERY frustrated and plan to call and call and call until this is RESOLVED today. I even had one guy say, "My supervisor isn't in today but we WILL return your call tomorrow." That was 3 days ago. No call, no resolution.

FED UP and so glad to be getting rid of them.

Edited by DawnM

sprint

I was with them for almost 12 years and now that I need to leave I get treated like this!

I have vowed to never, ever, ever have a contract again. I didn't have one for 5 years but that shiny new iphone called my name and I bit.

I now have a 2nd hand iphone 4 from CL and Straight Talk. So far, I am happy, and if I don't like it, I can LEAVE immediately with no penalty!

Currently on hold. A very nice man has been talking to me for 37 minutes and trying to resolve the issue. I am on hold while he gets his supervisor. He says that TWICE it is logged in the computer notes that I will not be charged an ETF and yet I WAS. He can't remove it but says the supervisor can.

Dawn

95 minutes on the phone.

They told me, after several transfers, that what they do is this:

1. Offer the no ETF provided you ship phones back

2. Receive the phones and log them in as received

THEN

4. It takes 2-3 billing cycles for them to evaluate the phone and make sure it is useable.

5. THEN they credit me BACK the ETF

stupid, stupid, stupid

I told her I am NOT paying them as my bill is due in 9 days. She agreed and put the $400 plus tax in a "dispute account" that I don't have to pay until resolved. She said they don't expect us to pay it. :glare::glare::glare:

SO GLAD to be getting out of this!

The one time I had Sprint years years ago they evidently gave me the phone number of someone that was in collections/had bad debt WITH Sprint. So Sprint kept calling me over and over on my cell phone trying to reach their previous customer about the bad debt. They could not reconcile it within their own system that THEY had given me the number and it no longer belonged to this person. Talk about frustrating.

UGH!

The one time I had Sprint years years ago they evidently gave me the phone number of someone that was in collections/had bad debt WITH Sprint. So Sprint kept calling me over and over on my cell phone trying to reach their previous customer about the bad debt. They could not reconcile it within their own system that THEY had given me the number and it no longer belonged to this person. Talk about frustrating.

The accounting dept told me they would put a hold on the ETF charges until it is resolved.

They haven't.

How long should it take them to punch numbers into the computer?

I have no idea how much I *should* pay. The ETF charges are $400 plus tax. TAX on a FEE????? Seriously?????

So, so, so glad we will be rid of them soon!

sprint

I was with them for almost 12 years and now that I need to leave I get treated like this!

I have vowed to never, ever, ever have a contract again. I didn't have one for 5 years but that shiny new iphone called my name and I bit.

I now have a 2nd hand iphone 4 from CL and Straight Talk. So far, I am happy, and if I don't like it, I can LEAVE immediately with no penalty!

We hate contract phone service. Pay-as-you-go has it's downsides but not nearly the hassles (and constant nickle and diming on everything) that you get from contract service.

I hope you get your $400 back. This is just awful service.

You got that right. Our taxes alone were something like $25 with the contract!

I now pay $45 plus state tax and that is IT!

Dawn

We hate contract phone service. Pay-as-you-go has it's downsides but not nearly the hassles (and constant nickle and diming on everything) that you get from contract service.

I hope you get your $400 back. This is just awful service.

DH is having this issue with T-Mobile, too.

Well, sort of but not fully.

They told me that the $400 is a "temporary" charge until my phones are logged in. I was told last week that it would be fully resolved on the 26th and I was not actually expected to pay the $400 (plus tax!)

So, I will have to update on the 26th or 27th about the whole thing. :glare:

Well, sort of but not fully.

They told me that the $400 is a "temporary" charge until my phones are logged in. I was told last week that it would be fully resolved on the 26th and I was not actually expected to pay the $400 (plus tax!)

So, I will have to update on the 26th or 27th about the whole thing. :glare:

Here's hoping and keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, it was meant to be taken away yesterday.......it is still there! :glare::glare::glare:

I will pay the cell phone portion.

The woman who said she would put the $400 plus tax into "dispute" did not do it.

They truly do not care at all.....promise things they don't deliver and flat out lie to me to get me off their backs.

Dawn

OMG, OMG, OMG

I am in tears.

They are now telling me that they see NO record of me being promised it would disappear by the 26th and that one of the devices they DID NOT receive~

That is BS! I sent both on the same day.

Now he promises 72 hours IF they can find the device.

I LOST it. I told him this was un acceptable and that I would NOT be paying ANYTHING and he better find it and find it NOW.

He was rude and cold and acted like I was a crazed B-----

The $400+ I was told would be in dispute is NOT in dispute......that was another lie to get me appeased so I would hang up.

I don't care if it dings my credit. I have 800 scores and have no intention of buying anything soon.

STUPID IDIOTS!

Dawn

Ok, that guy was dumber than dirt. I just looked at the ETFs and neither of those was an Airave/phone extender like he said it was.

UGH!

It IS the two phones. How could he, a SUPERVISOR, not get that?

I get a different answer to the same question EVERY SINGLE TIME I call!~

Dawn

OMG, OMG, OMG

I am in tears.

They are now telling me that they see NO record of me being promised it would disappear by the 26th and that one of the devices they DID NOT receive~

That is BS! I sent both on the same day.

Now he promises 72 hours IF they can find the device.

I LOST it. I told him this was un acceptable and that I would NOT be paying ANYTHING and he better find it and find it NOW.

He was rude and cold and acted like I was a crazed B-----

The $400+ I was told would be in dispute is NOT in dispute......that was another lie to get me appeased so I would hang up.

I don't care if it dings my credit. I have 800 scores and have no intention of buying anything soon.

STUPID IDIOTS!

Dawn

This is horrible! I don't know much about credit reports but how much can this one bill really affect your ratings?? It's not like a mortgage or something, KWIM? I can't imagine it would do that much damage - but, like I said, I don't know a lot about how that works.

I feel SO bad for you.

Oh, I've heard that people who complain about co. on FB can get very fast results (or is that Twitter). I'm not on either, but have you been vocal on FB about your terrible treatment from Sprint??

I haven't complained on FB yet.

I can't BELIEVE a supervisor gave me the wrong info! AND, he acted irritated to even have to talk to me.

He told me the phones HAVE been received but I was going to have to wait for the one phone to go off (he did say both phones were returned) and then one charge was for the Airave. I think he will soon find out he is WRONG on that one.....both charges were for PHONES.

I don't think I have proof I mailed them. I have the tracking # though......I suppose I can look it up at UPS? How long do they keep those things?

Dawn

I should show this thread to my husband...whenever he says casually, why don't you call and take care of such-and-such, and he has NO IDEA how long it can take to resolve something!! And how you have to WAIT until you will have at least 30 minutes clear to be on hold....

Also FYI on cell phones... we have had Verizon forever. We haven't upgraded our phones in about 6 years, so we were well out of our 2 year contract. We went in to add a data plan and Iphone for my husband, and newer standard phones for my DD and me, of course paying all associated charges and agreeing to a new 2 year contract. We paid the amounts for the phones at the time of purchase.

When the bill comes, EACH LINE is charged a $30 "upgrade fee". That was $90. After much discussion with customer service, BECAUSE WE RENEWED OUR CONTRACT we were charged a $30 fee for each line. They said, well you got a discount on the new phones...Yes, but we were "eligible for upgrades" according to the rep! They sell it like the discount is for you being with them so long, but then charge you $90 for the PRIVILEGE of renewing your contract with them!!!

I was informed that this was now standard practice and all the carriers do it. :glare:

UPDATE!

As of 3:30pm today, my account has FINALLY been credited $444.44. This is actually $35 more than I thought, so I don't know if they added some for all my complaining or if I just calculated wrong.

That is a load off my shoulders!

Sprints "activation fee" used to be $18. They waived it every time so it was never an issue.

It is now $35 each! Just to push a button on the computer! Ridiculous.

I am SO GLAD to be getting rid of contract phones.

Dawn

I should show this thread to my husband...whenever he says casually, why don't you call and take care of such-and-such, and he has NO IDEA how long it can take to resolve something!! And how you have to WAIT until you will have at least 30 minutes clear to be on hold....

Also FYI on cell phones... we have had Verizon forever. We haven't upgraded our phones in about 6 years, so we were well out of our 2 year contract. We went in to add a data plan and Iphone for my husband, and newer standard phones for my DD and me, of course paying all associated charges and agreeing to a new 2 year contract. We paid the amounts for the phones at the time of purchase.

When the bill comes, EACH LINE is charged a $30 "upgrade fee". That was $90. After much discussion with customer service, BECAUSE WE RENEWED OUR CONTRACT we were charged a $30 fee for each line. They said, well you got a discount on the new phones...Yes, but we were "eligible for upgrades" according to the rep! They sell it like the discount is for you being with them so long, but then charge you $90 for the PRIVILEGE of renewing your contract with them!!!

I was informed that this was now standard practice and all the carriers do it. :glare:

Edited by DawnM

And DH FINALLY ordered his iphone 5 through work for ATT. No more Sprint VERY SOON!

I am way more excited about Jim's iphone 5 than he is! :lol: And his work pays for it, so that is even more exciting! I can't wait to play with it.

Dawn