Menu

potty training boys: favorite seat?

Uh...none. :tongue_smilie:

None of my boys trained before their 3rd birthday (all began using the toilet shortly following though). Anyway, the potty seat was a novelty that mostly got played with and was rarely used for its intended purpose. When they decided they were ready to use the toilet they just went straight to the big one -- literally. One of my children just walked into my bathroom one morning while I was at the sink and announced, "I'm going to use the potty now." He hopped up on the seat, did his business, and never had another accident after that. That was after struggling with him for about a year with potty "training."

I no longer potty train. When they go, they go.

He has started batting at his diaper when he pees and, um, aggressively(?), sits down when he has to poo.

I've been watching this behavior for about two weeks and just now figured it out. Now I just need him to say something *before* he pees instead of batting his diaper *after* the fact! :lol:

And he's figured out how to take the diaper off. Just stands there with his stuff hanging out and a huge grin on his face!! :lol:

We used the Baby Bjorn potty SEAT (that goes on the toilet seat, not a chair) and a stool with both our boys.

This. It's all one molded piece so very easy to clean. If I remember correctly, the way it sits on the seat also prevents wee wee from spraying out between the toilet seat and the toilet (if that happens while sitting for #2!). Also used this one for a girl.

My boys did best with a stool. You know, to reach the potty so they could pee standing up.

For sitting business, we liked the Bjorn or the little one that fit on the big potty.

:iagree: My kids train young, and they can't climb on the big toilet by themselves which makes everything difficult. I can't leave a small seat on the big toilet b/c I have other kids using it as well. So, the Bjorn has been the best for us.

I'm trying the big toilet with my 22mo, but he doesn't have enough balance to safely stand on a stool and pee into the toilet at the same time. He can sit on the Bjorn and pee without any help from me.

:iagree: My kids train young, and they can't climb on the big toilet by themselves which makes everything difficult. I can't leave a small seat on the big toilet b/c I have other kids using it as well. So, the Bjorn has been the best for us.

I'm trying the big toilet with my 22mo, but he doesn't have enough balance to safely stand on a stool and pee into the toilet at the same time. He can sit on the Bjorn and pee without any help from me.

Same here. My son started pottytraining at 22 months old, and I have the Bjorn potty. He can stand and straddle this potty because it is oval-shaped and narrow. Other brands are box-like and only made for sitting or standing directly in front (which puts a little boy further away from the target).

He is 24 months now, and is too little to stand at the big potty, and a stool actually makes him too tall to aim well.