Menu

41 weeks, 4 days...yup still pregnant :)

Yes, still pregnant. No, no plans on inducing. Had my biophysical profile yesterday and passed with flying colors. Everything is perfect, he just isn't quite ready to come out yet. Also saw the chiropracter, and the midwife. I'm still 3cm, very soft and squishy, very effaced, and baby is well engaged and in a great position. Just waiting. And honestly, I'm in a pretty good mood about it. At this point I know it will be any day,and I get a bit of a kick out of freaking people out when they ask when I'm due :)

At this point I know it will be any day,and I get a bit of a kick out of freaking people out when they ask when I'm due :)

:lol: That is a pretty good time!

I'm glad you're in good spirits and that the baby is well positioned! Happy, healthy, and easy labor vibes to you!

Yes, still pregnant. No, no plans on inducing. Had my biophysical profile yesterday and passed with flying colors. Everything is perfect, he just isn't quite ready to come out yet. Also saw the chiropracter, and the midwife. I'm still 3cm, very soft and squishy, very effaced, and baby is well engaged and in a great position. Just waiting. And honestly, I'm in a pretty good mood about it. At this point I know it will be any day,and I get a bit of a kick out of freaking people out when they ask when I'm due :)

Good luck - I'm glad you're in a good mood!

I'm hopeful today is the day here - I've been having contractions for a few hours, but they are still pretty spread out and only lasting 45 seconds or so. We're about to leave for the OB's office for my already scheduled appt - I called this morning and they said to come on in and they will check my progress. Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated!

When I started cleaning the house like mad I knew labor was about to start. My second pg my dh found me scrubbing the baseboards in the bathroom with a toothbrush. He called the midwife.

My third time he found me in the bedroom frantically vacuuming the bare mattress. I made him flip it so I could vacuum the other side before putting sheets. As I put sheets on he called the midwife.

:D

Edited by Kleine Hexe

Can't wait to hear when you finally have this baby! I am 39 weeks and 2 days and when I had my appointment yesterday the midwife seemed shocked that this baby is still hanging around. I felt like asking "what's the rush?- isn't it good to have a fully cooked baby? :lol:) I just smiled and didn't say anything though.

Good luck whenever it happens! :)

When I started cleaning the house like mad I knew labor was about to start. My second pg my dh found me scrubbing the baseboards in the bathroom with a toothbrush. He called the midwife.

My third time he found me in the bedroom frantically vacuuming the bare mattress. I made him flip it so I could vacuum the other side before putting sheets. As I put sheets on he called the midwife.

:D

I've been like that for weeks. I actually dusted the fire extinguisher yesterday :)

ktgrok- I think baby is just going to fly out, your body should be really ready :) I went late last time but I'm sure mine was due to poor positioning by the baby, my body kept trying to go into labor but she wasn't engaged well enough. I was not as happy as you :)

Truscifi- Good luck- I hope it is your time :)

Glad you are handling it well! I'm grumpy thinking of the several weeks I still have to go :). Hope it happens soon for you.

Me too. At 36 weeks, I am grumpy, grumpy, grumpy. I am praying like mad for this one to be early.

Katie - please send the rest of us your positive end of pregnancy vibes. I know I definitely need them!!!!

Wishing you a happy labour (especially now that your midwife is back :001_smile:)

My daughter was 27 days late. Yep, 44 weeks pregnant. I was induced after my due date with all three boys and #3 took two inductions (he was 14 days late). Everyone thought I was crazy but I had daily ultrasounds and fetal monitoring once I hit 42 weeks. The doctor said that as long as she and I were healthy he would let me go until 44 weeks. 1 more day and I would have been induced. When she was born, the nurses kept double checking the checklist that they do to determine age. My doctor and I had to tell them that, yes, we knew how late she was. I so preferred going late to being induced.