Menu

Suggestions please

tuzor

Every time my second grade son plays with the neighborhood boys he comes home and wants to go to public school. I hate this, it makes me feel like no matter how hard I try he will always feel like ps is better. We attend park days and a co-op what else am I supposed to do:001_huh:

:grouphug:

My neighbor friend went to private school and I would beg my parents to send me there instead of the PS. I probably drove them crazy! They always said no or it wouldn't work for our family. It's the grass is greener concept. So don't try so hard to please him and work on gratitude character development.

I pulled DD10 from public school and for the first 5 months it was great, after that she wanted to go back (because she missed her friends). She cried, she pestered, she whined, she refused to work etc.....

I laid down the law, told her she could go back but I wasn't happy with what they taught, so, after 6 hours of school, she would come home and I would afterschool her for another 2. So she could do 4 hours at home or 8 hours with both---she figured it out.

Every time my second grade son plays with the neighborhood boys he comes home and wants to go to public school. I hate this, it makes me feel like no matter how hard I try he will always feel like ps is better. We attend park days and a co-op what else am I supposed to do:001_huh:

In no time, the neighbor boys will be coming over and telling you how they wish that they were homeschooled.

In no time, the neighbor boys will be coming over and telling you how they wish that they were homeschooled.

I've been secretly worried. Our neighbor's son is in the fifth grade and that's such a large age gap. I am happy that my son does not care about age and will play with anyone. But I just feel like he is going to get his heart broken. Sometimes he can't do all that the older boys can do because they are older. I'm really stressing about this, i need to relax, relate release.