Menu

Do you enter Giveaways?

Am I the only one who has an addiction to giveaways? I started them this summer, entering lots of baby ones because my only daughter is expecting in November. I now have a twitter account just to get more entries. I was about to throw in the towel about a month ago and then I started winning.

The first packages have started to arrive in the mail and it is fun! How about you?:001_smile:

I figure it is a scam more than anything and never enter.

I understand how you feel, I was leery about them at first and still feel that way about sweepstakes. I like the giveaways because they are for a particular item. I won't enter ones that require my home address or phone number. Liking their pages on facebook, following them on twitter or subscribing to their emails are fine. As I said, I have one email account that I use just for that purpose so it doesn't bother me as giving out too much information.

And I have won some, so that it made it worth while.

I do occasionally but I used to have a friend who did. She won a car, 2 DVD players, a leased car for a year, vacations and a lot more. I thought she was the luckiest person I ever met :0)

Julia

Wow! She did do well. I haven't tried for the really big ones, I figure I have better odds going for the smaller ones, like the $25 giftcard or the baby item.

All of the ones I enter are from "Mommy blogs". There are a few home-school ones out there too.

Just discovered that I won another one, so exciting! It's a Balboa baby shopping cart cover and I have my choice of patterns. I wanted this for my first grand-daughter arriving in November. We nicknamed her Poppy and two of the patterns have poppies on them! Just had to share the good news from one happy Grandma-to-be!:hurray:

Edited by 3 Only Children

I found one that combines my favorite things: design and Pinterest.

Rosenberry is having a contest to design a room using Pinterest. So much fun! I have 6 rooms so far. :D

Pin it to Win it

The prizes will not really pay for anything I've pinned. :lol: That's ok, I'm just having so much fun putting rooms together.

My dh's best friends mom growing up won lots of stuff doing all kinds of sweepstakes. Last I heard she was a product tester I think for Kraft? They would send her the latest product before it hit the market to test it out.

Oooh I hadn't heard about that one, sounds like lots of fun!! I would love to see your rooms, Pinterest is the best! If I had the time, I think it would be fun to a mommy blogger too and try out products. I love home-schooling my youngest though, so I'm okay with being too busy for that. :001_smile: I'll tell my daughter about the contest, thanks for sharing!!

Edited by 3 Only Children

I enter them only if the entry isn't overly involved. I understand doing a little bit of work beyond just entering an email address, but some require too much information and hassle for what the prize entails. (I'm thinking about a recent giveaway that required one to have a blog, plus be on the blogger's "list" with a specific number, plus give personal information, link to their Twitter and Facebook pages, and "tweet" about the giveaway, and on and on. Too many hoops to jump through.)

I enter them only if the entry isn't overly involved. I understand doing a little bit of work beyond just entering an email address, but some require too much information and hassle for what the prize entails. (I'm thinking about a recent giveaway that required one to have a blog, plus be on the blogger's "list" with a specific number, plus give personal information, link to their Twitter and Facebook pages, and "tweet" about the giveaway, and on and on. Too many hoops to jump through.)

I understand! Though I have discovered that tweeting every day does seem to help, at least that is why I think I have won the ones I have done that for. My twitter account is just for these giveaways so I figure I'm not bothering anyone. I don't like to clog up my facebook wall too much, but liking their page is no hassle. Some are easier than others and I've learned to be picky too.

http://pinterest.com/plumcrazymomof3/

They are the Color Me Rosenberry Boards if you are interested. I'm still working on some of them.

I will go and check out your boards tonight. I just started one, I will send you the link when I have it closer to finished. Wish you could select the fabric and then show the picture of the chair with that fabric on it. oh well, still a creative outlet.

I won one giveaway on another homeschooling board (and then felt guilty because I couldn't provide a positive review of the item I won!) and won Cruelest Parent in an ugly baby clothes photo contest.

I have never had to give a review on anything I won, interesting.

I just checked out the ugly baby clothes contest, too funny!:001_smile:

I have never had to give a review on anything I won, interesting.

I just checked out the ugly baby clothes contest, too funny!:001_smile:

They requested one, but it wasn't a requirement. It also wasn't mentioned in the contest details, so I didn't feel too bad about not doing it, since I hadn't committed up-front.