Menu

What's for dinner 9/17 and bonus: My new crack

I cooked a lot yesterday so we have random leftovers.

But I have a new addiction. Bacon wrapped roasted brussell sprouts.

I just made them for lunch. I didn't even tell the kids what were in them because they think they hate brussell sprouts. But seriously what can you not wrap in bacon and poke a toothpick in.

I'm making more for dinner and I'm going to eat them for breakfast tomorrow.

Wrap each one in a piece of bacon, roast at 400 for about 25-30 minutes

I just made them for lunch. I didn't even tell the kids what were in them because they think they hate brussell sprouts. But seriously what can you not wrap in bacon and poke a toothpick in.

Wrap bundles of green beans in bacon and pour a mixture of butter, brown sugar, and garlic powder over them. Bake till yummy!

YUMMO!!!

I have two classes to teach today, so dinner time is going to be a crunch for me on Mondays. So, what I did was

Go to Costco and at 3:40 I put two chickens with lemons in a clay roaster, tucked in russet potatoes at the top of the oven, and had the girls trim a huge put of green beans.

I walked in the door at 5:30 and dinner is done!

This will be my Monday meal (with a few exchanges here and there).

Now, I have to run out at 6:50. :-)

We had burritos and sweet potato crinkle-cut "fries". My younger son had an open-faced quesadilla instead. It's basketball class night tonight: elder son has b-ball from 5-6, then younger son from 6-6:45. Kinda puts a crimp in dinner. :/ We eat at 4, then I give younger a snack before his class, elder a snack after his class, then both get dessert when we get home. whew!

That sounds delicious.

I'm making the fried pork cutlet things, but I'm using pork rinds instead of bread crumbs, mashed cauli, homemade kraut, and roasted acorn squash.

OMG, I never thought of using pork rinds as a breading!!! Now I GOTTA find them. My grocery store does not carry them; maybe Target?

Sushi

Yum. Doesn't really fit in my "low-carb" aspirations though. I love rolls with all sorts of yummy sauces and crunchies!