Menu

Downton Abbey ~ Discussion! {possible spoilers!}

Xuzi

I just loved it all. This show, more than any others, transports and totally engages me. It is the only time a tv show made me feel like I get when I am reading a really good book.

I hope Sybil and Tom stay at Downton for a while. I love them. I also really like Mr. Bates and Anna and their struggles.

Her dress was appropriate for the time, but I can not imagine anyone wanting to wear it today. I loved her veil.

I loved the scene where they made up with the door between them and that he kept his eyes closed the whole time. It was very sweet.

What about Lady Edith and Sir Anthony - why does everyone seem against them?

Can't wait til next week - hope the link continues to work!!

I just loved it all. This show, more than any others, transports and totally engages me. It is the only time a tv show made me feel like I get when I am reading a really good book.

I hope Sybil and Tom stay at Downton for a while. I love them. I also really like Mr. Bates and Anna and their struggles.

Her dress was appropriate for the time, but I can not imagine anyone wanting to wear it today. I loved her veil.

I loved the scene where they made up with the door between them and that he kept his eyes closed the whole time. It was very sweet.

What link????

I don't know that I've seen anyone on the show be against them, but I do think Edith is practically throwing herself at him now, and I wonder if that'll backfire on her. From the previews, it looks like Cora's mother is going to try to take it in hand, and I'm sure that'll be interesting to watch. :lol:

I watched it directly on the ITV site, using Tunnel Bear, for free. :D

Loved the door makeup scene also and can't help rooting for Sir Anthony & Edith, despite how ugly she has been.

Oh, thank you. I did get this to work, and loved every minute. Tears in my eyes several times in the past hour.

Now I need to figure out how to Twitter, to feed the Tunnel Bear. :D

• 4 weeks later...
There was a link in a thread from last night.

http://www.putlocker.com/file/8953E076458C33FE

You can watch the whole episode without commercials.

Sorry if I spoiled it for you, but now you can watch it!

Warning, totally inappropriate popup! I had children in the room and am on a friend's computer. I now have to inform her husband so he can check her computer :glare:

I'm dying to have somewhere to discuss Downton Abbey but I don't want to post spoilers! So ... hard ...

It's a bummer the board doesn't have "spoiler code" that makes it so people have to click on your post to read it. (it puts your post into a pop-down box)

The scene that got me most, surprisingly (or perhaps not - since it had Maggie Smith in it), was from the next morning when The Dowager returns to the house and speaks with Carson, then starts to walk towards the lounge (or whatever room it was the family was gathered in). You just see her from the back, and she's just walking, but WOW! That was the moment I *had* to grab the tissues.

The scene that got me most, surprisingly (or perhaps not - since it had Maggie Smith in it), was from the next morning when The Dowager returns to the house and speaks with Carson, then starts to walk towards the lounge (or whatever room it was the family was gathered in). You just see her from the back, and she's just walking, but WOW! That was the moment I *had* to grab the tissues.

Wasn't that amazing? She really quite an actress.

I think the reason it got me was that I totally didn't see it coming--I thought for sure that the person who had been ignored was going to step in and save the day. And then everyone just stands there and watches it happen . . .

I thought that was going to happen too... :crying:

Even last week's episode didn't do me in like this one did.

:willy_nilly::toetap05:

I cannot not read this thread!!!!

:iagree: I am trying to work on character deficiencies. I have a colossal lack of patience. Waiting to watch Downton Abbey until January is testing my faith in God. I have no idea why I opened this stupid thread. Curses be upon you all!!!:tongue_smilie:

:iagree: I am trying to work on character deficiencies. I have a colossal lack of patience. Waiting to watch Downton Abbey until January is testing my faith in God. I have no idea why I opened this stupid thread. Curses be upon you all!!!:tongue_smilie:

Why are you waiting? You don't need to...get a tunnelbear.

Then you can sit sobbing and broken like the rest of us. :crying:

:iagree:

I'm waiting bc this show and Sherlock are kind of my bonding thing with my teens. It's no fun when someone knows what's going to happen. Sharing the journey and all that. Dang it. I hope they know I love them.

:iagree:

I'm waiting bc this show and Sherlock are kind of my bonding thing with my teens. It's no fun when someone knows what's going to happen. Sharing the journey and all that. Dang it. I hope they know I love them.

You can gather them around the computer with you. Because seriously...this is TOO GOOD to wait!!! In a dramatic, gasping, hands over your mouth, screaming at the screen while the tears flow, kind of way. :D

What is a tunnel bear? Is it free? Is it as good as watching on tv?

www.tunnelbear.com It's a VPN thingy. Totally legal, it just makes it so the ITV player doesn't know what country you are in and you can watch Downton right from the ITV website for free every week. The first episode of season 3 is no longer available though...and maybe the second one. They keep them up for 25 days after the show airs. You need the giant tunnelbear which is $4.99 a month, but it is TOTALLY worth it! You can watch any UK TV show with it.

Why are you waiting? You don't need to...get a tunnelbear.

Then you can sit sobbing and broken like the rest of us. :crying:

Not. Gonna. Do. It. This is my Jesus trump card. When I get get to Heaven and God tells me about all my sins, I want to say: "Remember that time I waited 4 months to watch Downton Abbey because you SAID I needed to work on patience? I want my Heavenly body to have perky booKs, no stretch marks, and no cellulite. And I want a cabana boy to clean my mansion's pool." It's a valid plan. Don't laugh. It will work. :lol:

Oh my gosh. That was heartbreaking. I was totally fighting back tears and dh was as well. It brought back some scary memories in my umm past. I don't want to give it away. But. Wow. I couldn't even get to sleep I was so sad about it all. It was just one of the most heartbreaking scenes I've seen in a long time on any show.

I was in total disbelief telling myself that this really wasn't happening. Surely someone was going to step in and save the day instead of just standing there with their arms by their sides!?! But of course not. There was nothing to be done. But I don't know...I guess I thought they'd fake effort? Just come out and tell them it was too late and nothing could be done? I would be so so so angry over ignoring the advice as well. Ugh. Just too heartbreaking.

You know, it did not surprise me at all. The long absences kind of gave away what was going to happen, though I still found it incredibly heartbreaking and hard to watch. I am very interested to see the dynamic between Lady and Lord Grantham in the upcoming weeks.