Menu

Time travelers...do you like it and why?

momsuz123

LOVE LOVE LOVE TT!!!!! It does take quite a bit of printing though so as long as you are prepared for that...it's great!

I also think they are great and perfect for kids who adore hands on projects.

The passport middle ages is flat AWESOME!!!!!! My 12 yo is working through it on her own. The end product is going to be a huge WOW factor! The author has really done her homework on these and the TT series.

We love them, too! I was surprised to discover that the text pages that are part of each lesson are actually quite thorough -- and well written. I appreciate the variety of projects: lap books, notebooking pages, crafts, cut & paste, recipes, story writing, handwriting pages, Vocab, timeline, maps, etc. everything is absolutely beautifully done. EVERYTHING! I can't say enough good about TT.

Do prepare yourself to spend a good bit of time printing everything. Some things have to be printed on card stock, some on plain paper, some things on colored paper. But, the time and effort will be well spent. TT can definitely enrich your history studies and create sweet memories for you and your kids.

We're getting ready to do our third pac and can't wait to begin it!

We love them - top quality, beautifully designed. There is a lot of cutting, pasting. One of my dc loves putting things together, the other does not, so (gasp) I will often do the cut/paste. IMO, the education value is still the same. The series gives dc a nice visual outline that helps them understand history better.

The first time I got these, I had a question. I don't recall the exact question anymore, but I do remember that Amy Pak answered my email quickly and thoroughly -- a personal answer, not a canned response.

Before, I got these, I tried putting together some of my own materials -- antique looking pix from google. By the time I found them, saved them, resized, labeled, etc., I was a convert to having someone else do all this.

I wanted to add that there is some CC here and there.

We love them - top quality, beautifully designed. There is a lot of cutting, pasting. One of my dc loves putting things together, the other does not, so (gasp) I will often do the cut/paste. IMO, the education value is still the same. The series gives dc a nice visual outline that helps them understand history better.

The first time I got these, I had a question. I don't recall the exact question anymore, but I do remember that Amy Pak answered my email quickly and thoroughly -- a personal answer, not a canned response.

Before, I got these, I tried putting together some of my own materials -- antique looking pix from google. By the time I found them, saved them, resized, labeled, etc., I was a convert to having someone else do all this.

I wanted to add that there is some CC here and there.

Could you elaborate more on the CC? Is it historically relevant or ...? I don't mind a bit of CC, but like to use mostly secular products. But with history, I know that some CC is expected and even important, so I wanted to get more info/thoughts on this. Thanks!

This looks like something my son would thoroughly enjoy. :)

Hi all,

We are plugging along with SOTW 2 and love it. But someone last week posted about how they might combine AG books and Time Travelers. I looked into TT and it looks great. Any comments, good or bad? We wouldn't get rid of SOTW, my girls love history and hands on stuff.

I'm planning to do the new Project Passport for The Middle Ages when we do SOTW2. Can't wait!

Could you elaborate more on the CC? Is it historically relevant or ...? I don't mind a bit of CC, but like to use mostly secular products. But with history, I know that some CC is expected and even important, so I wanted to get more info/thoughts on this. Thanks!

Jen- here is a link to the sample of new world explorers, you can see some CC there. (also quoted below to save you time)

http://www.homeschoolinthewoods.com/HTTA/TTS/HTTA-NWE-Sampler.pdf

Page 4

"Some believe that these are the very “dragons of the sea” (see Isaiah 27:1) or “leviathans” (see Job 41:1) that are still possibly alive today in parts of the world."

Page 5

"Also, the spread of Christianity was a strategic move against the advance of Islam, a forceful religion that rejected Jesus as Lord. It dominated the Middle East, and threatened to expand into Europe."

Jen- here is a link to the sample of new world explorers, you can see some CC there. (also quoted below to save you time)

http://www.homeschoolinthewoods.com/HTTA/TTS/HTTA-NWE-Sampler.pdf

Page 4

"Some believe that these are the very “dragons of the sea†(see Isaiah 27:1) or “leviathans†(see Job 41:1) that are still possibly alive today in parts of the world."

Page 5

"Also, the spread of Christianity was a strategic move against the advance of Islam, a forceful religion that rejected Jesus as Lord. It dominated the Middle East, and threatened to expand into Europe."

BugsMama, thank you! That is very helpful! I should have looked through the sampler. I was looking at most of the lap books, crafts, etc. I think when it is in the lessons like that, I can adjust it as needed. I will have to go back and look more closely at the two I am interested in. Again, thanks! :)

We use secular materials too. I just looked at American Revolution directions for assembling the lap book. There is a picture of a hand with "The Hand of God on History" written on it. We just rearranged some of the pieces and left that out. No problem. That was the only religious part, as far as I could see.

I can't comment on the text that went with the program, as we used our own books. But the lapbook projects would be fine for secular study, IMO.

We use secular materials too. I just looked at American Revolution directions for assembling the lap book. There is a picture of a hand with "The Hand of God on History" written on it. We just rearranged some of the pieces and left that out. No problem. That was the only religious part, as far as I could see.

I can't comment on the text that went with the program, as we used our own books. But the lapbook projects would be fine for secular study, IMO.

Alessandra, thanks for this info. That is the kind of stuff that doesn't bother me, I can just leave it out. I don't mind it when it is something easily left out and isn't on every other project, kwim? It looks like a neat resource and I'm glad that it seems to be something that will work for us. :)

Alessandra, thanks for this info. That is the kind of stuff that doesn't bother me, I can just leave it out. I don't mind it when it is something easily left out and isn't on every other project, kwim? It looks like a neat resource and I'm glad that it seems to be something that will work for us. :)

I agree. Hope you enjoy Time Travelers!

• 1 month later...

I just got my New World Explorers cd and some craft books in the mail. I think I can return the craft books! I love this cd!

I plan to use it as a supplement to our Beautiful Feet studies. We are doing Early American Primary, and take a break to do a book from the Geography study here and there. I plan to spread this out over two years, so I think I will incorporate several of these Time Travelers cds. I can see that they could be used alone though. The text is great, and there are recommended books, movies, etc. to go along if you want to add them.

We have finished time travelers explorers and after we finish our unit on natives we will be using time travelers colonial life. It does take a lot of printing. We do pretty much everything listed but it is a great program to pick and chose what elements you want to use. My kids retained a lot from it, and had fun along the way. We are looking forward to starting colonial life.