Menu

Just need encouragement.....

It's definitely a Monday.

DS1 - 8yo - 3rd grade, can't concentrate and took over 30 minutes to do 1 page of MM. (Not front and back, just front and it was a review page. )

DS2 - 5yo just. won't. listen.

Then there's the 1yo under foot and fussy!

Some days I just don't know if I can do this. I know it's what I am called to do but............

Add in other issues - personal, financial, etc. ........................

:( I just want to cry or run away.

I am in the same boat, we had a very rough morning. I yelled and screamed, and sent emails to my husband, asking 'why are we doing this'?

Then I got a call from a friend walking the aisles of Target - ALONE - no kids in tow. Oh, how my jealousy roars!

I find when it is good, it is so very good. When it is bad, I want an escape hatech.

Fortunately, my little rant against the kids not giving me their best seemed to shape them up. I do not like when I yell, but sometimes they need a reality check.

You are not alone! This is a hard walk. I keep meaning to write out my mission, goals, and whys for homeschooling - hoping that on these hard days I remember why we keep on this path.

:grouphug:

Ok this is totally disgusting and inappropriate but:

but don't watch it with littles around. My kids t hought it was hilarious.....not sure what that says about me LOL

Can't. Breathe. I'm dying here!! :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

Boy I needed to see that today!

Talk about defective! :smilielol5:

Edited by plain jane

want commiseration???

my 5th grader knows NOTHING about the history lesson on which we just spent 3 weeks. Yes, a 50% on the assessment. And gave me attitude about it. "I can't help that they want me to memorize every word of all those pages."

Pouring down rain here, spent the morning back and forth to the orthodontist, finding out about another 3700 mouth that needs work.

Tired of eating the same old thing, but can't afford the budget to eat some different stuff.

Dh has had a cold all weekend.

The bathroom door knob broke with a kid locked in it. Had to get dh out of bed to get her out. He got her out but the door and doorframe were cracked in the process.

So yes, some days are like that.

SIGH.

Ok this is totally disgusting and inappropriate but:

but don't watch it with littles around. My kids t hought it was hilarious.....not sure what that says about me LOL

I nearly died. Seriously. Tears running down my face. This sums up my day. As they were spraying the cat my dog was laying down barking at the air between his ears. I've had a terrible Monday too. After my breakdown, the kids straightened up. The biggest meltdown came with an attempted bike ride. No air in tires, my air pump is missing, daughter refuses to ride without training wheels at 6 (she can do a cartwheel on a freaking four inch wide balance beam!), and the training wheels were loose and moving around. If I don't get some exercise I'm going to explode (more ways than one according to my scale).

So all in all :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hope your day and mine are better tomorrow!

want commiseration???

my 5th grader knows NOTHING about the history lesson on which we just spent 3 weeks. Yes, a 50% on the assessment. And gave me attitude about it. "I can't help that they want me to memorize every word of all those pages."

Pouring down rain here, spent the morning back and forth to the orthodontist, finding out about another 3700 mouth that needs work.

Tired of eating the same old thing, but can't afford the budget to eat some different stuff.

Dh has had a cold all weekend.

The bathroom door knob broke with a kid locked in it. Had to get dh out of bed to get her out. He got her out but the door and doorframe were cracked in the process.

So yes, some days are like that.

SIGH.

Oh my. :glare: We had a

at our house this weekend too. :glare:

Poor little bunny. :glare::glare:

:lol::lol: