Menu

I unfriended my mother....

....on Facebook that is. I posted previously how she hasn't seen nor talked to my kids in 9 months, then takes off to another state to stay with a man she met online and though she said she'd be back for my DS's birthday party yesterday, she "missed" her plane because her "hip hurt" and the airline supposedly wouldn't let her fly.

Well, today was my DS's actual birthday. I posted on Facebook that it was his birthday and everyone "liked" it or wished him a Happy Birthday..... except my mother. And I know she was on Facebook because she was posting ridiculous stuff and cheered about how our home-town football team won.

So nothing on Facebook, no phone call, no email, no text...... All she had before was a Facebook relationship with my kids and now that's gone.

I'll just truly never understand how a mother/grandmother can be like the way she is.

I did the same thing, for many of the same reasons. She friended me again and I haven't accepted. I don't feel as bad because she is hardly ever online but still, if she can't manage a simple call or come when she says she is going to I don't think she needs to read the personal stuff and pictures I put up on facebook.

I'm sooo sorry! Family can be so mean sometimes.

I would have un friended her too! I'm lucky, my parents are not on facebook. They don't have a computer because they believe there is a conspiracy that the government is tracking them through that and the tags on their underwear. No joke!

Seriously though, if your mom can't take the time for your children, she does not deserve to know what goes on in their lives via face book or any where else.

:grouphug: Hugs to you!

:grouphug: I am about to unfriend my mother. The woman never calls my or my kids. I've spoken to her twice in the last 10 months. She never has the time or money to visit, yet she is always going on trips. Even though we haven't spoken, she always makes "fake good momma" comments on my FB posts. The woman kicked my good sister out of the house at the beginning of the summer, yet posted on FB that she was crying when good sister went back to college. I am so tired of her fake crap. So I get what you did. One day I too will grow a pair and unfriend my mother.

....on Facebook that is. I posted previously how she hasn't seen nor talked to my kids in 9 months, then takes off to another state to stay with a man she met online and though she said she'd be back for my DS's birthday party yesterday, she "missed" her plane because her "hip hurt" and the airline supposedly wouldn't let her fly.

Well, today was my DS's actual birthday. I posted on Facebook that it was his birthday and everyone "liked" it or wished him a Happy Birthday..... except my mother. And I know she was on Facebook because she was posting ridiculous stuff and cheered about how our home-town football team won.

So nothing on Facebook, no phone call, no email, no text...... All she had before was a Facebook relationship with my kids and now that's gone.

I'll just truly never understand how a mother/grandmother can be like the way she is.

You are brave! And it sounds like you did the right thing. Hope you had a good day regardless of her unloving ways.

So sorry it's got to that point. That must have been a difficult thing for you to do, even if she deserves it.

Perhaps it's time to look among your friends, acquaintances and neighbors for an older person who'd like to be a surrogate grandmother? There are plenty of older ladies around who either don't have grandkids or don't live near them, so maybe you can find a special person who loves your kids and will stick around?

Sounds like my entire family, which is why I'm no longer friends with either of my parents or my sister on FB anymore. Not worth the drama, honestly. I have never regretted my decision. My dad only gets on FB to play the games, and my sister had me blocked from seeing anything she posted, so what's the point in being "friends" with them? On top of that, my mom acts similar to yours. If they can't be involved in my real life, no reason to be friends on FB, IMO.