Menu

A Sunday Chat

Hi, everyone!

How was your weekend?

My weekend was surprisingly good! I think my energy finally, FINALLY decided to make a guest appearance yesterday after being sick for 6 weeks. Huzzah! Dd20 had a crazy fun party last night- her friends came over and played board games all night - which I vicariously enjoyed.

What are your favorite outdoor games to play?

I love croquet, too, but haven't played in years. That's not a bad idea to pick up a set somewhere and teach the kids. . . . .

Any plans for the upcoming week?

Normalcy. I'm just looking forward to NORMAL - and finally feeling better!

Off to catch up on 6 weeks worth of grading. . . . . :tongue_smilie:

My own answers:

How was your weekend?

A good mix of fun and getting stuff done. The fun was meeting a family we know from the Y down at a local park for a playdate. I got to know the mom better and the girls had a blast.

What are your favorite outdoor games to play? Croquet is high on my list.

Any plans for the upcoming week? I'm hoping for some normalcy too. I will have to juggle our routine though now that I know when the school has scheduled us for speech therapy. And I'm now interviewing a Latin tutor. I'm hoping that these new additions to our schedule doesn't throw everything off.

Hi!

My weekend was extremely busy - traveled to NJ to be the baby/mommy nurse to daughter, Stacey, and her husband and my beautiful new grand daughter. They were able to have two uninterrupted nights of sleep while I cared for Regina Quinn. And, I daresay, I gave Stacey enough guidance with b-feeding that she feels confident about continuing. We all went to brunch today-- we went ot one of stacey and her dh's favorite restaurants. I think it was such a momentous occasion for them -- they have been waiting for so long to bring their baby to this place for sunday brunch. photo below.

Outdoor games: just about anything -- volleyball, foursquare, badminton, softball, really, just about anything.

Busy, busy week. Dh leaves on travel tomorrow. We have dentist appointments, doctor's appointments, I have to bake cookies and send them to NJ, DS 11's kickstarter premiere is tonight in about 20 minutes, wednesday is co-op and back to school night for dd13, religious ed meeting on thursday night.:svengo:

post-10544-13535087550476_thumb.jpg

Hello Jean,

My weekend was NORMAL. So, so normal. It felt so nice to go to Pokemon club and soccer. To go shopping with my mom today. I spent $130 at Kohl's, saved $311 and got a pretty dress, 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, a pair of tights and a big frame for the pretty etching my artist friend sent me in memory of my dad. What a deal!!

I like Bocce ball.

This week is getting mom set and starting to go through Dad's things, at least the necessary stuff for now. We are starting back to school tomorrow. Again, that normal thing! And I'll go back to work next week. I wanted it in stages for an easier transition.

I can't play croquet without thinking of Alice in Wonderland. :)

How was your weekend?

Busy, we are packing up to leave SE Texas and heading to New Orleans for another 6 month+ contract job. We will be going East to see family for a week before we go to New Orleans.

I enjoy most outdoor games and I think it is because I enjoy being outside and it reminds me of a lot of good times when I was in middle and high school.

Moving to another job and traveling to visit family. We leave on Wednesday.

Had a friend drop by Friday evening and stay until Saturday after breakfast. That's always fun. Went for an afternoon drive with dh on Saturday afternoon, today church and now we are vegging out at home - still too hot to go out until later. I am taking some time to read. :001_smile:

Good afternoon everyone. Today's chat starts earlier than usual with some croquet out on the lawn. Just don't give me a black eye with your mallet like my son did to me a couple of years ago!

My brother almost broke my arm with a croquet ball when we were kids.

How was your weekend?

Honestly? It sucked!

Swimming and sunbathing. Otherwise I don't play outside.

School and finishing my list.

Good afternoon everyone. Today's chat starts earlier than usual with some croquet out on the lawn. Just don't give me a black eye with your mallet like my son did to me a couple of years ago!

How was your weekend?

Great weekend. We went to a football game yesterday (our homeschool league), and 15yo dd/13yo son went home with friends to spend the night. 13yo dd brought 3 friends home with her to spend the night. Went to church today, got kids back there, and had a picnic at the lake.

We like Holy Board, also called Texas Washers. We met some elderly people camping a few years ago, and played with them the whole time we were there. Ds and dh came home and built our own Holy Board game. We also have regular kickball tournaments in our pasture.

We have allergist, dentist, orthodontist appointments, along with the regular rowing, dance, and gymnastics. I am also expecting a baby granddaughter ANY DAY!!

I have never played croquet!

Edited by MamaT

How was your weekend? It was good, but so busy! From Friday-Sunday, we had 5 baseball games, 3 hockey practices and 3 dance classes. We had a really nice quiet dinner with my parents tonight, which was very needed and appreciated.

What are your favorite outdoor games to play? We're all about sports here. Basketball is my favorite, because it's the only sport where none of my kids can beat me. :D I haven't played croquet in years!

Any plans for the upcoming week? Our 3rd official week of the school year, 6 dance classes, 3 hockey practices, 2 baseball practices, 4 piano lessons and one cello lesson. I'm looking forward to trying out a new schedule and my new rule for the afternoon: until 3:30, you have to be learning, reading or practicing something. I'm curious to see what they'll choose to do!

We had a pretty good weekend IMO. Today it rained all day and was just lovely :D And this evening we saw a rainbow AND a red-tailed Hawk!

I'm not big on sports really, especially outdoors ones.

Our plans for the coming week are: school, Girl Scouts, looking at houses, cleaning, laundry and decluttering.

How was your weekend?

Pretty good. Dh & I had a good night out Fri at his gallery for an opening. Sat I took Dd shopping for fall clothes and out to lunch with my mom.

Too bad I fell down the stairs today carrying a huge pile of outgrown clothes and bruised my arm pretty well. Dd had left her slippers in the middle of the stairs. :glare:

Badminton & Bocce Ball

Hoping to get moving on getting school going full schedule. Dc are going to have to help out more b/c my elbow hurts. ER says it isn't broken. I hope they looked it over properly.

Tues we have dog club at night, Wed Ds has an organ lesson, Thurs they have a dog class in the morning.