Menu

MP Lit: If you didn't do their 1st grade offering, can you still do 2nd grade?

lea1

For K and 1st, we simply did tons of reading aloud but we did not do any analysis of the literature we read. For 2nd grade, I would like to implement Memoria Press's literature study with their study guides. Is there anything we missed in 1st grade that would mess us up in the 2nd grade lit study?

We don't do MP's K & 1 Literature because we like to just read. My oldest didn't do any of 2nd and picked up one of the 3rd grade books and one of the 4th grade books in 3rd. My second son is going to do two of the second grade books next year. We also mix in some of VP's lit suggestions. Feel free to customize as you'd like. If you use the curriculum guide, you can still mix and match, but you might be on different weeks in different subjects.

Once you get to 3rd grade, the composition lessons are integrated with the Lit, but you can do whatever you'd like before then.

Happy Reading!

We don't do MP's K & 1 Literature because we like to just read. My oldest didn't do any of 2nd and picked up one of the 3rd grade books and one of the 4th grade books in 3rd. My second son is going to do two of the second grade books next year. We also mix in some of VP's lit suggestions. Feel free to customize as you'd like. If you use the curriculum guide, you can still mix and match, but you might be on different weeks in different subjects.

Once you get to 3rd grade, the composition lessons are integrated with the Lit, but you can do whatever you'd like before then.

Happy Reading!

That's great. Thanks so much for explaining.