Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 9/16-9/22

Negin

A few days left of my Insanity/Asylum hybrid. Today was Strength and then I did some final training. I am actually supposed to be doing nothing for the next week leading up to my fights but I really want to get these hybrid done. What is left is Back to Core, Game Day, Speed and Agility, Pure Cardio, and Max Recovery.

I think my physical conditioning should be okay. It is the mental part which kind of lags behind.

post-1116-13535087549756_thumb.jpg

Love that woman! :D I want to be that now and in the future.

Um, Ms. Hardcore, are you praying to the porcelain god in that pic? What fights are coming up? I missed that. You are an inspiration.

Ran for a bit this morning. I'm feeling so much better now that my body is finally getting back to normal.

I'm resting today since thunderstorms caused me to bundle my runs over the weekend. My Saturday run was great for me! I PR'd my first 5K over a 4 mile run. It was unexpected to say the least. Yesterday's run was a slow recovery 3-miler.

Crossfit tomorrow.

Ooooh not at one time :lol:

I wish! I am back up to 5 at a time....and then 3 or 4 after 2 sets.

That's still pretty great. I'm working my way up to 1 unassisted pull-up.

Aerobics

Ran for a bit this morning. I'm feeling so much better now that my body is finally getting back to normal.

Great job. That's a nice feeling :grouphug:. I feel better these days also.

My Saturday run was great for me! I PR'd my first 5K over a 4 mile run. It was unexpected to say the least. Yesterday's run was a slow recovery 3-miler.

You're doing so well. :D

I forced myself to do Insanity Core Cardio and Balance after a two week break with not much exercise. We've been passing around germs and having allergy problems in our house for the last 2 weeks and I finally decided to get off the couch and restart the exercise routine.

Good for you for starting again. Hope everyone feels better now.

Monday - JM NMTZ - first three circuits just one time through. Last four circuits both times through. Back up to 8-lb weights except on first circuit, where I can only do five. Should be 100% on this DVD in three more weeks!

That's fabulous! :D

Crossfit was great for me on Tuesday. All strength and coordination. Ran 3-miles this morning. Crossfit again tomorrow.

I'm going to write down everything I'm eating for the next couple of days. I was just reminded of how important getting enough protein is each day, so my goal is to increase my intake. Drinking a yummy protein-berry smoothie now :)

Monday - worked out with trainer (lower body) then stationery bike for 30 min.

Tuesday - 30 min. on treadmill

Wednesday - 30 min. on treadmill (intervals)

today - plan to try elliptical, and finish up on treadmill if I can't do 30 min.

Friday - will work out with trainer (upper body) then cardio of some kind for 30 min.

Saturday - hope to make it to yoga class

Wendi

Wednesday - Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training. Back up to 10 lb weights on this one.

Thursday - BBL High & Tight and Bob Harper's Yoga Abs

I am so boring. I just list the same stuff over and over again. :lol: I *have* a lot of other stuff, but I really feel settled with my old stand-bys.

Anyone have any opinions on the Bob Harper strength dvd? I have it - I just haven't used it. I think it's an hour. Kinda longer than I like.

It's been a bit crazy at my house this week . . .

Sunday: 15 mile run

Monday: 6 mile hill run

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: 6 mile run + 1 hr bike

Thursday: 17 mile run

I doubt I'll exercise again until Sunday. I've frontloaded my runs this week b/c we are driving 1000 miles Friday to Saturday to go on vacation. :)

Callanetics: 10 Hour Challenge

This morning I did my oldie Denise Austin Shrink Your Female Fat Zones. It was my very first exercise dvd I ever bought. :)

I have this one and like it a lot. Not my first exercise DVD (mine happened to be Leslie Sansone), but this one was my first Denise DVD. :)

Last night I spent 2 hours outside doing hard yard work. My shoulders and everything else are sore. I am calling that a work out

Yes, that most definitely is a workout. Hope you're feeling less sore by now.

I am so boring. I just list the same stuff over and over again.

Cynthia, nope, not boring at all. :grouphug:

Nice that you're able to do your 10-pound weights again. :D

Stephanie, you amaze me and I totally envy you :D. Even at my very fittest in my mid- and late-20s, I never seemed to be able to run more than 4 miles.

Something I read:

Don't take anything personally. Taking things personally makes you easy prey for those predators who try to send you emotional poison. They can hook you easily with one little opinion, and feed you with all their emotional garbage. When you take it personally, you eat it up, and now it becomes your garbage. But if you don't take it personally, you are immune to their poison; you will not eat it.

0.jpg

Edited by Negin in Grenada

I had a pretty busy exercise week:D

Sunday, Body Pump then Yoga

Monday, Spin and an hour of sculpt

Tuesday, I took off ...

Wednesday, 1 hour of Intervals, one hour of crazy Barefoot Bunz :D

Thursday...one hour of Kickboxing, one hour of spin.

I am taking today off...Or may go to Yoga tonight.

Oh, I also walked 3 miles a day....except Tuesday....I really took that day off:D

Did I mention....even my toenails are sore.....

Edited by Mommyfaithe

It's been a bit crazy at my house this week . . .

Sunday: 15 mile run

Monday: 6 mile hill run

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: 6 mile run + 1 hr bike

I doubt I'll exercise again until Sunday. I've frontloaded my runs this week b/c we are driving 1000 miles Friday to Saturday to go on vacation. :)

Enjoy your vacation! We drive from TX to NY every summer and the 28 hrs sitting about drives me crazy. I never thought I'd miss running so much.

I had a pretty busy exercise week:D

Sunday, Body Pump then Yoga

Monday, Spin and an hour of sculpt

Tuesday, I took off ...

Wednesday, 1 hour of Intervals, one hour of crazy Barefoot Bunz :D

Thursday...one hour of Kickboxing, one hour of spin.

I am taking today off...Or may go to Yoga tonight.

Oh, I also walked 3 miles a day....except Tuesday....I really took that day off:D

Did I mention....even my toenails are sore.....

Ah...I love Body Pump. I hope to fit it back into my schedule again after the half marathon. Yoga too. My yoga class falls during soccer practice for ds6 :(

How do all of you get enough protein? I'm really trying this week and falling short. Will have to have 2 double scoop protein shakes everyday? Right now, I have been drinking a single scoop right after my workout. Any tips?