Menu

CHSPE Help!! All Californian Homeschoolers!

Guest homeschol909

Guest homeschol909

Well, I feel bad for just making this account to only ask one question, but here it is:

One of my child is going to register for and take the CHSPE. The only problem is that he is not 16 yet. However, he has already done 10th grade work and above. He needs this high school diploma to maybe register for a CC class. So we are going to use method B.

However, method B has a requirement:

Have the School Eligibility Verification section on your registration form completed by one of the following at a California high school: the principal, director, vice principal, counselor, registrar, or site administrator identified on a Private School Affidavit (R-4) or statement in lieu of the Affi davit filed with the California Department of Education. The school official may not be a relative unless the school has a current R-4 or statement in lieu of the Affidavit. (State law does not permit school officials to require parental permission before verifying an applicant’s eligibility to take the test.) The School Eligibility Verification section must include a school’s official seal. Make sure that the school’s county-district-school (CDS) code is provided. If the school does not have a CDS code, you must include a copy of the school’s R-4 or statement in lieu of the Affidavit. Students enrolled in school outside the State of California , may not use Method B to demonstrate eligibility.

We don't have a seal... help? :confused:

Many California hsers do the CHSPE, and I'll bet most of them do not have official seals. Have you called the CHSPE office and asked about that?

However, a "seal" can be just a rubber stamp. Can you go to Kinko's and order one? They probably have samples. It could be just the school name (which you have because you file and R-4, right?), the words "Official Seal," and maybe a city and state. A round stamp is kinda cool. :-) It would have your school name and city/state around the perimeter, and "Official Seal" in the middle.

Guest homeschol909
Many California hsers do the CHSPE, and I'll bet most of them do not have official seals. Have you called the CHSPE office and asked about that?

However, a "seal" can be just a rubber stamp. Can you go to Kinko's and order one? They probably have samples. It could be just the school name (which you have because you file and R-4, right?), the words "Official Seal," and maybe a city and state. A round stamp is kinda cool. :-) It would have your school name and city/state around the perimeter, and "Official Seal" in the middle.

Thanks, that assuaged my fears :) I'll just order one from the store. This is just the first child doing this so I'm a little nervous about not getting it right.

Guest homeschol909
Staples Or Office Depot can make one but make sure it is the embossed type:) don't use color , just the raised part for your stamp to make it official. This is the advice from my homeschool group. Good luck and hope this helps!

Paula

Thanks for your advice as well.