Menu

I just made a complete food out of myself

So I went to Costco a bit ago. On the way in I was pushing the cart very slowly behind the 100,000 people on their way in front of me. There was a man walking toward me, rather nice looking. Make that very nice looking. Not that I noticed, but you know....

I am VERY bad about wearing my prescription glasses. I always wear sunglasses when I go out. Well and also I like to people watch and it's less obvious if they can't see me staring at them. Not that I stare at people all the time. But you know, people are interesting.

So I may have been staring at this man walking, and then I realized he was looking at me sorta smiling. I just kept staring because after all he can't tell because I am wearing sunglasses. Then he REALLY started staring and smiling. ANd then I made it in Costco and realized I was NOT wearing my sunglasses. I was wearing my regular glasses. It wouldn't have been so bad except that after I checked out I saw him again on his way in the exit, wearing a name tag. He gave me a funny smile.

I am never going to Costco again.

Edited by 425lisamarie

I hate embarrassing moments!

When I was in college I went to a drug store to pick up some things. There were a couple of guys in front of me in line and a male cashier. I couldn't figure out why they were all being so quiet and looking at me awkwardly. I left the store and was walking back to my dorm. I happened to look down and noticed my shirt was unbuttoned quite far down. I was wearing a lacy purple bra!!!:001_huh: I was humiliated! I still don't wear button down shirts very often!

I feel your pain!!!!

Elise in NC

So I went to Costco a bit ago. On the way in I was pushing the cart very slowly behind the 100,000 people on their way in front of me. There was a man walking toward me, rather nice looking. Make that very nice looking. Not that I noticed, but you know....

I am VERY bad about wearing my prescription glasses. I always wear sunglasses when I go out. Well and also I like to people watch and it's less obvious if they can't see me staring at them. Not that I stare at people all the time. But you know, people are interesting.

So I may have been staring at this man walking, and then I realized he was looking at me sorta smiling. I just kept staring because after all he can't tell because I am wearing sunglasses. Then he REALLY started staring and smiling. ANd then I made it in Costco and realized I was NOT wearing my sunglasses. I was wearing my regular glasses. It wouldn't have been so bad except that after I checked out I saw him again on his way in the exit, wearing a name tag. He gave me a funny smile.

I am never going to Costco again.

:lol: I'd be flattered if you checked ME out so boldly. :lol:

Ooooh! Oooh! I want to be a Pineapple!!! :D

And I have done similarly. I like to people-watch behind my shades and I have sometimes stared at someone a little long before it dawned on me that I was wearing my eyeglasses and my staring was totally apparent. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: I'd be flattered if you checked ME out so boldly. :lol:

It was bad. I looked him up and down. And then some

Ooooh! Oooh! I want to be a Pineapple!!! :D

Oooh that's a good one. Pineapples are fancy!

And I have done similarly. I like to people-watch behind my shades and I have sometimes stared at someone a little long before it dawned on me that I was wearing my eyeglasses and my staring was totally apparent. :tongue_smilie:

And that should read fooL not fooD LOL.

I guess this is more of a habit than I thought.

That's what I noticed first.

Costco...food. Yeah!

Don't worry...you made that guy's day. He will talk about it years from now, and they will have a laugh about how the lady checked him out in Costco.

When I was about 33 or 34, I had a drain guy come out one day. He was about 19. He hit on me, and we laughed about it later for a long time.

Oh...to be 34 again (I did look pretty darn good then).

Edited by TranquilMind

:lol:

I'm not sure I have laughed that hard in a long time. You actually made me laugh twice since you updated with the looking up and down part.

I thought this post was going to be about eating too many free samples. :D

Hey, if you ever need some help at Costco, I bet you can find a guy that will give you good service.